Jaggedfrost profile image 88

Is assassination an acceptable tool for government to use to prevent war or deal with its enemies?

If not, how far do you feel Government should be allowed to go in order to defend its interests as it deems necessary.?

wingedcentaur profile image84

William Thomas (wingedcentaur) says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

I was asking this question as a public acid test for whether it is a subject that the people should hold the governments of the world accountable for. I don't deny and would be foolish to do so that such things happen and might be policy somewhere.

Doc Snow profile image96

Doc Snow says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

If a murder cannot be tried is that really the murderer's fault? Should one murder someone just because that place where they are at is incapable of carrying out justice?

christopheranton profile image79

Christopher Antony Meade (christopheranton) says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

I would ask you the same question I asked another respondent. If we justify it in what we consider war time, is it an acceptable defense for someone we accuse of targeting our personnel?

Mr. Happy profile image83

Mr. Happy says

Clive Donegal profile image86

Clive Donegal says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

However if the people don't speak on this governments have a habit of making their own evaluations of priorities.

TwO1FouR profile image60

TwO1FouR says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

I am not asking if it exists. I am asking if it should be a valid way in which governments operate and if so, under what conditions. Government will always take whatever permissions the people will not protest.

dabeaner profile image60

dabeaner says

0

Ozydious says

• Jaggedfrost profile image

Jaggedfrost 4 years ago

Then follows the question that if we find it acceptable should we accept it as a defense in war crime trials in relation to targets they were given that happen to be U.S. military personnel?