At any given time, there are many individual clashes occurring, each has its own unique set of circumstances. There are, however, some commonalities to most of the situations. Any given conflict likely contains one or more of the following common points.
1. Ethnic or racial or national or tribal, or like conflicts, where the "difference" between two sides is the focal point of the conflict. It isn't the cause, just the focal point. There's some historical context (reasoned or not, makes no difference) which is exploited to bring this about.
2. Masses living in desperate poverty seeing 'taking' from someone else as the key to future "betterment", generally a political or material goods based "betterment", believing that force can override the barriers between those who have and those who have not.
3. "The Strong Man" syndrome. Wherein mass hopelessness and grinding poverty or other oppression is exploited by an individual or group, and promises to make things "better" if they would be allowed to rule - because of desperate hopelessness, this is extremely attractive because it gives false hope.
4. A lack of civil governance that respects ownership, private enterprise, entrepreneurism. Instead, these regimes spread a belief in redistribution as a means of achieving material wealth, which prompts revolution as groups try to violently enforce redistribution favorable to themselves.
5. A lack of education makes all the above possible, but educational advancement won't occur until the vast majority see it as valuable enough to forgo the situations in 1-4.
How do you establish an educational system without a stable society? The odds are extremely stacked against good here. For every 50 voices of reason, it takes only 2 or 3 exploiters to turn the tide the wrong way.
This conflict is also taking place in the west, in Europe and even the US, where the same things that cause so much violence and suffering and agony and death in Africa, are advocated by supposedly "smart" people in the media, academia, and government, where "socialism" ( redistribution as the means to produce material wealth) is advocated, often combined with class warfare (we can just take all we want from the rich, you don't need to earn your own), and we even have our own racial pimps fomenting conflict.