Child Protective Services False Allegations
Why I Started the FightCPS Website
Every day in the USA families face false accusations of child abuse. Children are frequently unjustly ripped from their families and placed in foster homes.
These families suffer extreme trauma and depression in their attempts to be together again.
FightCPS is a family rights website that seeks to assist parents and others who are falsely accused of child abuse and neglect.
Image: Madame Vigee-Lebrun and Her Daughter, Available from AllPosters.Com
Many Children in Foster Care are Traumatized by Separation From Loving Parents
Long regarded as a powerful, insightful exploration of the child abuse industry by a tireless advocate for family rights. Author Richard Wexler was associated with the National Coalition For Child Protection Reform (NCCPR).
Why I Help Victims of False Child Abuse Allegations
Many people have asked why I would try to help people whose children were taken away from them by Child Protective Services. Here are a few of my reasons:
- Many accusations of abuse or neglect are false. False accusations can come from anonymous callers, doctors, nurses, neighbors, school teachers, or even the social workers themselves. People who are falsely accused and have their children taken are devastated, and need legal information and social support. Fight CPS helps with both those needs.
- A large percentage of the young parents falsely accused of child abuse or neglect are impoverished, and must rely on court appointed attorneys for representation in juvenile court settings. These court appointed attorneys are notorious for doing almost nothing to help their CPS clients. They seem like they're there to guide people through the court process, but don't provide any type of aggressive defense. So my site, Fight CPS, fills in the gap by showing people how to provide their own evidence and legal paperwork.
- When parents are sent to juvenile court they are denied constitutional rights such as the right to a jury trial, the right to a public trial, and the right to be confronted by their accusers. Yet they stand to lose their children, one of the saddest and most heartrending losses known to humankind. This lack of constitutional safeguards leaves child detention hearings open to gross injustices, the like of which few people believe could happen in America - unless they've been through it.
- Federal statistics show that children in foster homes are about ten times more likely to be abused sexually, physically, emotionally, and mentally than children in their natural family homes. They are even more likely to be killed. A recent study concluded that foster children are more likely to have teen pregnancies and to become juvenile delinquents. The study said that children are better off when left with their natural families, even if those families have severe problems.
- Social work should be a process of helping families resolve and recover from problems, not a process of tearing families apart forever and traumatizing children for life. This imbalance in the social work profession has been caused by federal legislation that gives financial incentives in the form of federal funding and social security reimbursements when children are torn from their homes and placed in foster homes.
Children are Abused in Foster Homes - Many Children Have Died While in the Custody of the Child Welfare System.
Children Killed Under the "Care" of Child "Protective" Services
Activism to Help Victims of False Allegations
Child protective services (CPS) often accuses people erroneously, or takes children for trivial reasons.
This page clarifies family rights issues and explains why I choose to help families who have been torn apart by CPS, something that's happening far too often these days.
CPS false accusations are a travesty of justice, one I cannot silently ignore because I've felt the sting of false accusations made by a CPS caseworker, and resolved to try to prevent this injustice from continuing.
I haven't been able to stop it, but I have helped many families to fight the CPS injustice system and get their children back.
Sir Edmund Burke, a British statesman, said, "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
I believe that if everyone would choose a social issue, this one or another, and devote their lives to it, many wrongs of this world could be made right again. I have devoted myself to the cause of helping to reunite families attacked by CPS false accusations.
If you've been targeted by a Child Protective Services agent, the best thing you can do is get a good lawyer.
Next, a positive step forward is to read my site, FightCPS, and others like it.
Learn as much as you can so you can help defend yourself and help your lawyer plan an effective defense.
Collection of documentary evidence in your favor is crucial.
You can find information that may help you develop a strategy for fighting your CPS case.
Psychotropic Drugs are Given to Foster Children
Foster children are often forced to take multiple psychotropic drugs. Foster and adoptive parents get extra "special needs" money for damaged kids, so they rush to take children to doctors known for their willingness to prescribe medications regardless of whether the child actually needs them.
This is well-documented.
Many people are aware of this now, and it is a tragic practice that could affect a foster child's brain and nervous system for life. Some children have died because of it.
They are forcing foster children onto psychotropic medications after they're traumatized by being forced to leave their families.
Read more about it here: Drugging Foster Children, where you'll find multiple tragic case histories including the testimony of former foster children.
CPS Approves the Drugging of Foster Children - Here's the Proof
Grandparents Never Forget Children Lost to the System
Grandparents Fight to Save Their Grandchildren from CPS
CPS workers often violate Kinship Care rights.
If your adult child is unable to be a parent to his or her child, you may also be deprived of the right to be a grandparent.
Even though there are Kinship Care regulations in place in every state, CPS caseworkers often try to adopt children out to strangers anyway.
This book sheds light on the deprivation of the rights of grandparents.
The FightCPS Website
History and Philosophy of Fight CPS
My fight against the injustices of the child welfare system has been ongoing since 1989 when my fourth child, a newborn infant, was taken from the hospital by a social worker because her father had battered me when I was pregnant. I found out first-hand what it felt like to show up at court to find a social worker's court report full of slander and lies.
In 1990 I started writing articles about CPS cases. Numerous parents came to me asking for my help in publicizing the cruelty and injustices they were enduring, including direct lies by social workers in court reports. My articles were published in The Enterprise News, a weekly newspaper in Central California owned by a kind Libertarian, Richard Palmquist, who also owned a Christian radio station. I also made a few public appearances including a call-in talk show on that radio station and a televised talk show in Fresno, California.
Next I got involved in exposing CPS using the FidoNet BBS network from 1991 through 1997. I was not as active in meeting people with open CPS cases at that time because I was busy raising my own children.
The Fight CPS website has been online since October 2000. I started it a month after starting the Child Protection Reform Yahoo Group - which I've since passed on to other owners so that I can spend more time improving Fight CPS.
I started Fight CPS because at the time, there weren't many sites on the internet that informed people about the topic of family rights. And some of the sites that already existed didn't seem to fulfill the needs of the people. For example, one large site had lots of good information, but forbade anyone from mentioning any other sites that might help. I felt this was too controlling - that the flow of information had to be free so that people could learn more from each other.
Therefore one of my main goals with Fight CPS, at the beginning, was to collect links to information, to encourage others to start sites, and to link to their sites, and promote them. To this day Fight CPS allows all family rights sites to be linked on the site.
The front page of Fight CPS is now a WordPress blog. It started out with no blog at all, on Geocities in 2000. It moved to its own domain name in 2002. In 2004 I put a Blogger.Com blog on the front page of the site. In 2007 I changed it to a WordPress blog for better search engine optimization.
Child Protection/Abduction Services - The Modern Mafia: Federally Financed Perjury, Fraud, Kidnapping, and Child Drugging for Profit
Look! Another new book about CPS. This was recommended by someone on the FightCPS message board.
Published June 27, 2012.
The Fight CPS Message Forum
...social support and legal information.
Families involved in CPS cases are welcome to participate in the Fight CPS Message Forum where there are other parents and grandparents who have been through the system and who want to help and counsel others.
The Fight CPS Message Forum is frequented by helpful advocates. When you register at the forum, there's a short wait until the forum administrator activates your account. The forum is closed to non-registered viewers and is not listed in Google search results, for the privacy of the participants.
We have an official FightCPS Facebook Group that gets lots of traffic and helps lots of people. This is a great place to find support from other parents.
An Inside View
This book was written by a foster parent who was shocked and dismayed to see the level of manipulation and insincerity evinced by Child Protective Services social workers she came in contact with.
Mary Callahan never intended to become a foster parent so she could write a book. She just wanted to help children. But in the end, she had to tell the story of what she learned by fostering five children; the abuses within the system were just that bad. This woman had a healthy conscience.
She wrote: "They are taking kids from places that aren't that bad, putting them in places that aren't that good, and completely ignoring the bond that exists between parent and child."'