jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

If you're against abortions, please reply to this forum.

1. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Let's keep it civil though! Many against abortions are so, on the premise of taking a life? So I have to ask you this? If you're against President Obama's healthcare bill, isn't that taking a life too? Depriving a father, mother, children, grandkids, grandparents medical care will take their life? Correct? Someone insured and exceeds the lifetime benefit and thrown out the door sick. Isn't that taking a life? In my opinion you can't have it both ways! You're either prolife or not? Which is it? I'll be very interested in hearing the arguments. Thanks!

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good thing you asked. Hopefully, you don't expect it remain that way. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.
      Yes, many people are on that premise. However, that premise alone shows ignorance as to other world problems(issues) already in existence and diminishes those issues as if they play no factor.
      You know, I'm already getting sick and tired about the lives it's going to save. There's just too much doubt in the government's ability to do what it claims it's doing.

There's just too much political BS going on it's utter ridiculous to have common sense conversations with people. It seems as if it the only way a common sense conversation would occur is if someone was talking to themselves. lol
      This is pure BS. No one was denying them any such thing. Even before Obamacare was passed, people could walk into a hospital and get treated, regardless of whether or not they could pay.

I know, I have walked into a hospital, received treatment and then was billed for the services. I paid the bills or set up arrangements to pay monthly until it was paid.
      No. It did no such thing.
      My father died of Cancer. He had no insurance. He barely had a job. And he didn't make enough money to even live. This was 20+ years ago. My mother took him in so he could live with us and other reasons.

I received a $15,000 bill for services. I sent them a letter and my father's death certificate, and told them to get it from him. Whatever services which unpaid, were in fact paid via another source. What source? Most likely taxpayer revenue and his unpaid bill became a paid bill, but added to the gross national debt. Regardless, there was no physical way for me to pay it nor anyone else in my family.
      No. If you denied them, then yes. But, no one is being denied.
      Your argument isn't an argument. It's not even a position of strength. lol

Edit: P.S. I'm not against abortions. lol

2. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely, not helping others resulting in their death is always wrong particularly if it involves almost no sacrifice.

2. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

Obviously a question being avoided by those against abortions but yet against the so called "Obamacare which will aid millions!".

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or...  the idea has been debunked so thoroughly by someone who supports abortion rights that those against don't really need to argue with you.

Your question attempts to link two things that are completely unrelated anywhere by your own conclusions.  I'm sorry.

BTW...  I'm liberal pro-choice.  If I'm not backing you here you are pretty well done.

1. 0
        screamingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Two things unrelated? Life is life. You can't support abortion and be against healthcare for all. The point here is so many against abortions hide behind the bible and seem to be against those without insurance having the same rights. So if that's the case, a sick person without insurance should be able to get health insurance without going to an emergency room in hopes of free care. And BTW...I'm also pro choice.

2. 0
        screamingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Life is life...you're either prolife or you're not!