jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

The Democrats show their hypocrisy once again.

1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

Here's the story:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government … ant-Influx

Don't you find it interesting that the party of "tolerance" is so intolerant?

1. bgamall profile image87
      bgamallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is a question of degree. The 1 percent are the 1 percent. The Republicans are even more in the pockets of the banksters than are the Democrats. That is fact. That is why the hedge funds are buying off Cantor and others because they cannot get all their way with Obama. I wrote an ebook about it called Dirty Dirty Republicans. It is NOT a defense of the Democrats, but just says it like it is.

1. JSChams profile image60
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, if you read the article you know it's about intolerance against immigrants.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or zoning laws and property values... It could be about that.

2. 0
      amg0216posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting, no, par for the course, yes.  Your title so perfectly sums it up!  Thanks for sharing!

3. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

just unbearable rich folk doing as they do, if you ask me it makes the whole suburb a lot better to have some people in it who actually work for a living and who are down to earth.

4. PrettyPanther profile image86
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Eh, rich people being snobs.  What's new?

The reporter (and I use that term loosely), Dana Loesch, fails to show any connection at all with the Democratic party.  The article she links to is all about how some rich people like their servants to be out of sight when they're not working for them.  Again, what's new?

1. American View profile image61
        American Viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From the article:

"One-percenters in the Hamptons, a predominately Democrat area in both citizenry and representation, are furious over an influx of immigrants they claim are tainting their area. Some residents are angry enough to start a campaign to stop the relocation of new residents who don't "fit" the Hamptons's image."

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Which is the opinion of the writer not a quote from any of the members of the committee.

I can write an article with any slant I want... can't you?

The writer shows his prejudice by assuming that it is only immigrants that have over-crowded housing and as such zoning laws prohibiting multi-family housing are racist against immigrants.  The truth is that most up-scale neighborhoods have the same zoning restrictions... because be it white black green or yellow... multi-family housing lowers property values.

5. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The 1% have enough to satisfy a plethora of luxurious wants, and to have nice things, while still giving away much more to charity (Bill Gates). 

Whether they vote Democrat or Republican, they are still hoarding money.

Your source is highly suspect, considering their history of exaggeration and lies, but I'll just assume it's true and say the people are wrong to treat the immigrants as such.

6. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is a smily class shill wiring about people who do not exist. Do you know anyone out there on the Hamptoms? Like say, David Koch, the billionaire behind Romney. Immigrants--yes, to take out the garbarage. And visiting panderer who write phony articles.

2. Kyricus profile image60
    Kyricusposted 4 years ago

Well yeah, whatever it takes to look like you not doing what you're doing. I mean, if those zoning laws are discriminatory for us, they are for the hamptons too.

3. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 4 years ago

Isn't really a Dem vs. Rep. issue.   Anyone who pays attention to politics can see both sides have the same goal, and they use the different methods they want to implement for this goal to keep voters busy arguing amongst each other on which side is better. =-P