jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Political commercials, making our decision on who NOT to vote for?

1. backporchstories profile image84
    backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago

What has happened to our political system when we no longer are clear on who is standing behind what issues.  We are so bombarded with political ads everywhere that only tell you why you should not vote for the other guy!  I would rather know your position on issues rather than cop out and say bad crap about the opponent!  Should these type of political promotion be banned?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, attack ads have been around since the beginning of politics. You just have to do your own research and find out how they stand on issues, ask them if you can.

1. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
        kathyjones1952@atposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can remember a time when politicians didn't attack each other on television.  When I was a child, I never saw ads like this, anyway.

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Banning them no.

People should see the ads for what they really are about instead of feeding into the context of what it states about others.

What does the ad say about them? If the ad is less about them, then you have your answer with regards to character of the individual and his or her inability to stand ground on point.

If the ads only point blame, then it should show you that this is how politicians tread water to get elected, and yet these morons continue to get elected.

What does that say about society? Hmmmm......the word sheep comes to mind. hmm

1. backporchstories profile image84
        backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately, just about every politician is using this targeting tactic.  What does that say about our politics in general?

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It shows how politicians have been using the same trick to get elected and it's worked.

When you elect unethical people of low character, then you get abusive power hungry jackasses, who enjoy the money more than they do or are committed to the citizens.

2. handymanbill profile image65
    handymanbillposted 4 years ago

This will never happen. if you ban something they will still find a way to get something out. Politics are politics. that just happens to be the way things are done.

3. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
    kathyjones1952@atposted 4 years ago

I get pretty sick of the ads, myself!  Also, I get sick of all the phone calls I get wanting me to vote for so and so whenever election time comes around!

working