jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Republicans drop unemployment rate.

1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago
    1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well unemployment only rose in one state in the whole country so it's not much of an achievement on a state level, since the whole country dropped unemployment we have to presume it was federal.

1. JSChams profile image60
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Of course......

The point being it's dropping faster in red states.
        Right? right.

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well I can't find the relevant info for governors but on the basis of who they went to in the presidential election Red unemployment is far higher on average, when you have higher unemployment it is easier to make larger improvements (obviously) given the fact that the study only calculates shift rather than shift in relation to position it's statistically toilet paper and logically speaking shaky at best right? Right.

2. swordsbane profile image60
      swordsbaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/ … bitaille-/

Unemployment dropped in EVERY state except New York, and in at least 2 states, unemployment rose under a republican governor and then fell under democrats.  Furthermore, the Breitbarts article only focuses on states that elected Republicans, not all states that HAD republican governors.

The Breitbarts article also uses classic doublespeak to mislead people who don't do any followup.  The following sentence: "For instance, the unemployment rate in New York actually went up." implies that there are other states where unemployment went up.  There aren't.  New York is the only state where unemployment rose in 2010.  Unethical reporting designed to favor one political party.  That is SO unexpected.

3. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And what relation is there between unemployment dropping and the number of homeless increasing? I'm willing to be the GOP doesn't want to answer that question, nor would the idiot Democrats.

2. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I try not to believe any statistics that come out from any source, because it is impossible for them to be 100 percent reliable. Just like all these media polls that show one candidate doing better than another, with a different media outlet or source claiming the opposite.

One thing that these unemployment figures do not take into account, is how many of the people who were collecting unemployment just used up all their unemployment. It doesn't mean that those people found work, it just means they are no longer getting checks, or have moved on to public assistance. Those people are not counted in these reports, nor are the thousands who simply gave up on trying to find a job.

They found out that one republican claimed that he increased the number of jobs by a large percentage, only because they figured in the military as part of the job market, which had not been counted before. So, if you add millions of people in the service to the workforce numbers of course it is going to increase. Another thing that I have heard they sneak in, is employees of companies who do not work in the United States, but their company is based here. Does that seem fair?

I don't think any candidate can claim that they can do anything about jobs. The only people who can do that are the employers themselves, and a lot of them don't give out all their numbers. For example the recent report about Romney, who was paid a salary by a company, even though he had not been employed by them for over 3 years.