Are all those voters who will elect Romney actually racists?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (85 posts)
  1. undermyhat profile image60
    undermyhatposted 11 years ago
    1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

roll

undermyhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One reoccurring role for Morgan Freeman has been "God" in "Bruce Almighty" with Jim Carrey and "Evan Almighty" with Steve Carell.

So what? And your point being what exactly?

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Of course the majority are not, some of the recent polling and surveys worries me though, things like that survey of GOP primary voters in Tennessee that found almost 50% thought interracial marriage was wrong and about 30% thought it should be made illegal... That also makes me wonder how you can call yourself a conservative and yet want the government to stop people getting married.

Polling isn't all it is cracked up to be, unless you want to accept the poll of Democrats that said 36% of Democrats believe that the 9/11 attack was an inside job by the Bush administration.

1. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean they don't?

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what percentage think intrafamilial marriage (or marital relations) should be illegal.
        smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
          Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

67.732% of statistics are made up on the spot  lol

I see that it's up from 65%. lol

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
              Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe this occurs every election year.  smile

Something like that. lol

2. profile image0
            JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Boy, I'm way below the average.

Time to catch up.

96% of all Democrats secretly want to open a day spa.
            45% of all Democrats on food stamps eat out at least 4 times a week.
            66.6% of all Republicans are member of the Illuminati
            5 in 3 corporations pay -48% tax.

Man, never going to work. I put out way too many numbers to ever get up to 67%

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which brings up a good question.  If you divorce your spouse in Tennessee, is he still your cousin?  LOL!!!

1. 910chris profile image75
            910chrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

70% of the time, yes!

1. Josak profile image60
              Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64
            Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's what we used to call a "family man" when I grew up in Louisiana.

3. undermyhat profile image60

Should it be?  After all isn't love love?  Or should we ask the governmetn to arbitrarily restrict marriage to unrelated people or just two people or why people at all?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Morgan Freeman is exactly right.

So, by implication, you are calling me a racist?  be careful that is not a welcomed acusation.  I don't know Obama well enough to dislike him personally.  I do , however, despise the political heritage that he represents and represented in 2008.  I wouldn't vote for him if he was my actual brother,

4. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Assuming there is a God, I'm guessing he doesn't really care about Romney or Obama.

Wow, way to keep up with pop culture references.  "I am not god though I played him in a Hollywood."  That should help.

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

Meh, no worse than Samuel L Jackson.

In my experience, people who aren't racist don't think other people are. People who are racist think everybody is.

Just like how honest people tend to give others the benefit of the doubt(naive/trusting). Crooks assume everyone else is out to get them.

I consider myself honest, but I do not trust anyone I don't know, and I don't "trust" half the people I do know. I have found it is hard to find people who you can actually trust.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Trust everyone, but cut the cards.

Never heard that one before.

That works for me.

3. profile image0
    rickyliceaposted 11 years ago

That's ridiculous.
    The job of the Republican party, is to elect Republicans.
    Since Obama is not a Republican, they want to make him a one term president.

But instead of accepting a simple explanation, people think its some sort of racist conspiracy .

roll

Nobody says it's a conspiracy. But it's a fact that there's no shortage of racists especially in the GOP.

Never mind being racist in the GOP.

The day Obama was elected, the next day saw a boost in white supremacy groups sign ups to over a thousand sign ups a day.

Yeah, there are plenty of racists in America. No problem.

2. profile image0
        rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are racists too in the Democrats like the Black Power people and the "Chicanos".
        But since these are minorities of minorities, they don't really get as much attention.

1. profile image0

And positive racism almost never gets reported.

There's nothing positive about Racism or Racists or even people using it as a tool.

1. profile image0

Oh, I agree, positive racism/reverse discrimination is a bad thing.

Anybody who voted for Obama because he is black is just as bad as anyone who didn't vote for him because he is black.

2. profile image0

What does that mean?
            Like affirmative action or like indians are so noble and spiritual.

1. profile image0

Racism, at its core, is action motivated by opinion about race.

Typically, only negative racism is reported. Someone who didn't vote for Obama because he is black.

Positive racism is just the other side of the coin. Someone who voted for Obama because he is black.

While 'negative' racism can be much more damaging, in some instances, to an individual or group, both kinds are damaging in things like elections.

wink *see bold*

2. profile image0

Got you, thanks.

Most blacks now vote for Democrats because they are smart enough to figure out that they have been written off by the GOP's "southern strategy" invented by Richard Nixon and because the Democratic Party is more responsive to their interests. The same is becoming true of Hispanic and gay Americans and many women. The GOP's tent is becoming a pup tent instead of a Big Tent with room only for Wall Street banksters, greedy CEOs other 2 percenters. .

1. profile image0

plus religious nuts, and warmongers.

2. Mitch Alan profile image79
                    Mitch Alanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Democratic party has done nothing but try to keep the black community in a holding pattern by telling them they are not capable of succeeding without their government programs...as a true Conservative I believe each person is capable of greatness despite the government...that is the main difference...

2. undermyhat profile image60

It is rather plain, isn't it.  Democrats will want Mitt Romeny to serve only one term and will openly work to make that happen.  i doubt that Republicans will say it is because of anti-Mormon prejudice.

4. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

First Spike Lee and this ridiculous vigilante justice thing, then Tom Hanks voicing an Obama documentary and now Morgan Freeman with this unhelpful straw-man. Ugh. Perfectly good talents lost to inane racio-political stirring.

It is annoying on two accounts:
    1. It's a huge distraction from the real political debate, i.e. both parties support the police state and both liberals and conservatives need to do something about it.
    2. I can not enjoy these individuals' work as much when I have this lurking in my mind (but let's not kid ourselves, none of them have done a good film in a decade).

5. profile image0
    screamingposted 11 years ago

I don't believe all are racist, but I do believe there are quite a few that are racist and just won't admit it! I also believe many Republicans are just voting Romney just because they don't like President Obama.

1. Mitch Alan profile image79

No, we are voting for Romney because he is the candidate running against Obama and we understand that Obama has failed as President...It has NOTHING to do with race.

roll

Like how Democrats are just voting Obama just because he is a Democrat or they don't like Romney. You see how that works both ways?

Yeah, I knew how it worked. Not that I give a damn.

So, do tell...why are you telling me?

Not you Cagsil, screaming.

Oh okay. I'll agree Screaming doesn't want to see how both sides are rotten. wink

But Romney hasn't told you what he stands for other than repealing the Affordable Care Act.

1. profile image0

He's done a bit more than that.

Thankfully enough to scare away voters.

He has done quite a bit more than just that - if one wants to know.

http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/20 … nd-economy

6. chuckd7138 profile image71
    chuckd7138posted 11 years ago

In my opinion, those that voted for Obama in 2008 just show, or prove to themselves, that they weren't racist were being very racist. They voted for him because of his race. That is racist. To not vote for him in 2012 because of the economy, his disregard for the Constitution, his lack of accountability, his elitist attitude, his snubbing of the American peoples wants and his complete stupidity in regards to business accounting equations would be the best thing for America, not racist. Personally, I don't care about his skin color, his religion, his birth certificate or anything else. When you take too many vacations on the taxpayers' dime and then ask them to pay more taxes, you must be seriously insane. I want a sane person in the Oval Office.

1. profile image0

Chuck, the very people that would call me racist for not voting for Obama won't call Samuel L Jackson racist, even though he said "I voted for Obama because he's black."

Racism doesn't swing that way in our society.

1. chuckd7138 profile image71
        chuckd7138posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mr. Jackson's vote was racially motivated. That is a form of racism in my book.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You think a guy who drove down the highway with his dog on the roof is sane???

Did I state that? I don't believe I did. Don't assume anything.

perhaps it was a tenderizing technique required for the proper preparation of a dog meal.

3. Mitch Alan profile image79

Timetraveler....that is your arguement against Romney? and what are your arguements FOR Obama? Specifics please...

1. profile image0

Eh, the dog on the roof argument is pathetic. The dog got sick once, but he loved it up there.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image64

You've got it wrong. Bush's blunders are what got Obama elected DESPITE his race--two needless, costly, foolish wars, an un-financed giveaway Medicare drug program written by the pharmaceutical companies, big tax cuts which created a huge budget deficit, and failure to regulate the banks which allowed them to put the world into the deepest recession since the 1930s.

I didn't say his race got him elected. I said that there are those that elected him because of his race, not his issues. The group may be significant, but I do realize that issues deeper than race came into play. As I stated to TIMETRAVELER2, don't assume anything.

2. profile image0

Great analysis Mr. Deeds.

3. undermyhat profile image60

You've got it wrong. Bush's blunders are what got Obama elected DESPITE his race--two needless, costly, foolish wars, an un-financed giveaway Medicare drug program written by the pharmaceutical companies, big tax cuts which created a huge budget deficit, and failure to regulate the banks which allowed them to put the world into the deepest recession since the 1930s.

1) Obama continued the Iraq war until the siposition of forces agreement the Bush administration negotiated with Iraq - he did not end it early and there are still American forces in Iraq - just at a severaly reduced level.
        2) Obama has continued the Afghan war and supported it during the campaign as the "legitimate" war
              2a)  Obama has expanded that war into North Waziristan and other parts of Pakistan to the detriment of American relations with Pakistan.
              2b) Obama started an undeclared war againt Libya, for oil.  When asked by Congress to make it legal, Obama ignored it.
               2c) Obama has not turned Afghanistan into a wise war despite 3 1/2 years to correct the course there.
        3) There has been no effort to alter the Medicare drug plan, despite the Democrat's total control over the legislative power for over a year.  Democrats in Congress voted for this glorious bipartisan bill when it was passed in 2003.
        4) Obama and the Democrats in Congress renewed thos tax rates in 2010.  Tax cuts don't blow holes in spending - spending does.  Obama is acoutable for the deficeits that have occured during his tenure as Senator - having voted for spending and as President - signing spending bills.
        5) When the Bush administration approached Congress for help reigning in the bad practices of FannyMae and FreddyMac - where all of this has its root cause - the Congressional majority Democrats turned them away with the claims that FM&FM were fine and that to say otherwise was racially motivated(Maxine Waters - whose husband and family benefitted from loose banking rules)
        6)  Obama has not reversed the bank slides as FM&FM require constant tax payer support and other banks are still in real trouble
        7) Obama has claimed that the economy is in recovery - that will be a surprise for all those unemployed college grads, black youth and women - all hard hit by Democrat economic policies in the last 3 years.
        8) Blaiming Bush can't work for ever given that by this time in his term Reagan already had massive job creation numbers and growth in GDP

4. Mitch Alan profile image79

Undermyhat, Bravo...you saved me a fair amount of typing...thank you.

4. chuckd7138 profile image71

Okay. I see where you people are going wrong. This is what I MEANT to type "... those that voted for Obama in 2008 just TO show ...".
      I was typing so fast that I skipped a word that was in my head. I apologize for any confusion.
      In the end, I go back to my previous point. A vote, for or against, based solely on race is a racially motivated, and therefore racist, vote. No, it wasn't the only reason he was elected, but I've met many people that voted for him solely because he is black, or partially black. They didn't care about the issues, but some of them now are going to vote someone other than him because of the issues, black or not.

1. profile image0

I remember seeing people being interviewed on the streets. I was sick at how often I heard things like

"I just want to be a part of history."

I remember people saying that at the time. I only shook my head. hmm

7. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

So...to not vote for him isn't racist? I think it is really dependent on WHY you did or didn't vote for him. Anyone who voted for his skin color is an idiot.

8. Mitch Alan profile image79
    Mitch Alanposted 11 years ago

If someone votes FOR Obama are they racist for not voting for Romney? Let's get past this and discuss the issues.  Sad state of affairs when the race card is all you've got.

A few hours of viewing MSNBC should convince anyone that all they have is the race card.

9. LauraGT profile image85
    LauraGTposted 11 years ago

At least he doesn't have a ranch named "Niggerhead" like Perry or suggest that black children clean their schools' bathrooms to learn about a good day's work like Gingrich.The fact that both of these candidates got so far in the primary process says a lot about the type of racism the GOP is willing to endorse (or at least overlook). I'm not sayin....

+++ Good points.

Can you offer any factual basis for these claims?  Perry's family owned no land - they were dirt poor Texans - that land was a place they would go to shoot or hunt.  Gingrich's suggestion was that kids in school be offered employment as a way of developing the skills necessary for work.  But liberals prefer black children to be wards in the federal preserve so the lessons taught by work should not be learned.  how many people have had to clean restrooms, do laundry or dishes as a first job? Was that racist? 

These claims smolder with hatred for Republicans to the point that facts do not matter only propaganda.

10. Pkittock profile image70
    Pkittockposted 11 years ago

why is this even a question!? Sure, there are nut-jobs in both parties, but really? Does anyone seriously think that the only reason someone wouldn't support Obama is race? The state of the economy wouldn't have anything to do with that?! I hope this thread was made in jest...

Pkittock, there are those who support him solely on race...I love asking Liberals why they voted FOR him and they start of by saying, "well, Bush...." and never by citing a specific policy or accomplishment...
      Likewise, there are some that didn't vote for him because he was black, but more voted for him because of race then voted against him for it.
      Most true Conservatives vote on policy.

Agreed,  I am still trying to figure out how Obama was more "qualified" to be President than Sarah Palin was to be Vice-President.

Watch carefully, the responses are always fun.  They will feature attacks on Palin's intellect and praise for Obama's though, actual measures of either are not available.  Evidence of intellect for both may exist but the insistence will be - as it always is - Democrat smart, Republican dumb.  (Unless it is some wimpy Republican who bends left until a Democrat says it is okay to stop bending - Snowe and Collins style Republicans)

Conservativism is a complex philisophy that is much deeper and harder to articulate than most even bother trying to understand.  The idea of a special program for an undamaged human being is offensive to a conservative because it reduces and demeans the person, the individual, the citizen - with out regard to race, sex, religion, etc.  To the liberal, special treatment is bread and butter, rather than elevate all through liberty, to pull everyone else down to "equality" is the liberal way.

11. Bimothy Slangwell profile image60
    Bimothy Slangwellposted 11 years ago

A issue many ignore is: Would you prefer to live in a country ran like a corporation? If so, are you sure? Last I heard, corporations are all about the bottom line.

So the members of our society who are driven and successful will succeed with Mitt, but what about the people in the corporation who aren't so driven or favored? Will we allow to happen to them what happens to those individuals in a corporate environment? They are stepped on and dismissed and basically told to go somewhere else to survive.

If our country is ran as a corporation and our weakest links are treated as such...where will they go and what will they eat?

The President is supposed to be about more than the bottom line. The President's job is to look out for EVERYBODY, not just the managerial level and midlevel.

That's why, yes, you would rather have a community activist as a President as opposed to a CEO.

The President's job is to uphold the Constitution...Period.
      It is not to "fundamentally transform" the country (President Obama's words)...

I couldn't disagree more about the role of President.  His job is to serve the country not dinners in the government chow hall.  It is not the Presidents responsibility to feed, house, clothe or employ anyone.  It is his job to protect the freedom that makes the individual and business productive so that opportunities for productive work exist and are fostered by a vibrant economy.

Once people decided that the job of the Federal government is to feed them, they decide to be pets of the state instead of free.  All governments seek more and more power and authority.  Governments abhor disorder.  Freedom is inherently chaotic.  Governments are antagonistic to freedom and there fore must always be well ordered and well regulated by the people.  Once the people decide that government is to have sufficient power to provide everything for them they have given it the power to deny anything to them.

Once you give power your health you have given power over your life.  We are on the verge of giving back the last vestiges of our liberty.

12. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6893229_f248.jpg

13. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

It is sad how many in this country take their socio-political cues from a group of people who play act all day. They only believe what they believe because their agent tells them to believe it.

Actors orbit in a culture populated by people who believe that money - especially theirs - is a consequence of good fortune alone.  And like all liberals, it is your money they believe must be taken and spent to salve their conscience.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)