jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (39 posts)

A view of the hypocrisy of the left. Denise Rich.

1. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

Here's the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/20 … tizenship/

Here we have the wife of Marc Rich who was pardoned in the last hours of the Clinton presidency. A known tax cheat, his wife has now dropped her citizenship, as have some other wealthy liberals, to avoid her President's taxes.
    The wealthiest are the hypocritical liberals.

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So wait you are taking the misdeeds of one person and expanding them to the whole left? I swear it was less than an hour ago you where whining that people were equivocating conservatives with racists because some conservatives are racist... Wow I think the notable hypocrisy here is yours (and also hers because seriously that is low move)

JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

She's not the only one Josak. The only reporting has been on the notable ones.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image62
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And unless you can prove that ALL liberals are like this then Josak is correct.  In light of your previous posts these posts are indeed hypocritical... On the bright side even without the former posts they would be stereotypical and bigoted.

Well played oh persecuted one.  Well played.

Ok.....these guys bail and I am being hypocritical?????????????
            Sorry folks if those were CEO's or something their would be howls of anger and you know it.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image62

Um... yes.  Your statements are hypocritical.  When you complain about the treatment of a group to which you belong then turn around and treat another group the same way then that is pretty much the textbook definition of hypocritical.

Sorry.

I didn't say they were all doing that.

2. JSChams profile image60

Melissa if that was a group of Republican donators or CEO's or the like it would be on front pages and MSNBC tonight. They would be called every kind of creep for not wanting to pay higher taxes. Tell me with a straight face and a clear conscience that is not so.

1. Cody Hodge profile image85
                  Cody Hodgeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, one of the founders of Facebook pulled this same tactic. He was called a traitor for doing so. I'm not sure what his personal political affiliation was, but I can't imagine the founders of Facebook being members of the GOP.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image62

Sure... as soon as you prove every liberal is like that.  Which is the point that I am making.  You can try to move away from the fact that your statements are hypocritical but I've got teenagers.  I know diversion by righteous indignation when I see it.

Melissa.....where did I say ALL were like that?
                    I showed wealthy liberals doing that...and not all of them right?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're overlooking Romney's Cayman, Swiss, and Bermuda accounts, and his $101 million IRA. How did Romney's IRA get so big??? Where are his tax returns? What's he hiding?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/ … 4E20120124

Ralph.....Mitt didn't renounce his citizenship to get away now did he?
        But of course that does not matter does it?

3. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yet again, another thread about one side calling out the other side and using wealth as the division tool.

Ah yes Cagsil but these are the folks who proport to wish to pay more. Not leave the country in order not to.

1. Cagsil profile image61

Are you talking about the people in the forums or are you talking about liberals in general?
          People leave and come in everyday and you're going to make a big deal out of this one person? roll

It's not just one.

It's not all of them. Not like it would be if we were talking about Conservatives.

They wish to tax the rich......all but themselves. So they leave.

Yes, a lot of people leave America and just as many come in. Which probably be one factor of why there's a huge gap in poverty and wealth.
              I'm sure it's not.
              And exactly what would you do if conservatives were doing the same thing? I'm not saying they are because I don't find it important enough to look into, but just for the sake of saying it.
              This statement isn't worthy of a reply, I hope you do realize the ridiculousness of saying it.

No understand me here.
                Is not one of the liberal Democrat assertions that we must tax the rich?
                So what does it look like if those same liberal Democrats begin leaving the country right as they know that larger taxation on the wealthy is imminent?

I understand you.
                  Yes, some have done so.
                  I guess it would mean they are not stupid about their money. The more wealth that leaves the country will only prove that government is actually ignorant. Not to mention, with more leaving and renouncing their citizenship, then the collective value of society will drop and the leveraging power the present government uses and depends on is going to collapse.

On top of that, it will also prove beyond any shadow of any doubt that taxation was never the answer.

Yes. I agree. That taxation was never the answer. It is mathematically impossible for it to be.

The reason I get like this on these events is I believe in the concept that the proof is in the pudding.
                It goes for Republican or Democrat...Liberal or Conservative.
                It has to do with their behavior in direct relation to what they say we must do and whether they follow what they say.
                Example: Michelle Obama gives us dietary guidelines her and her husband do not openly follow.
                Climate Change leaders scream about carbon footprint and jet all over the world when they could teleconference. Oh and they collect large sums unlikely to effect the climate.

Just a couple of examples. So when people who claim the rich should be taxed more start sneaking out the back door I pay attention.

Yes, history is for lesson learning. Actions are the same way.
                  It should, yes.
                  There's no true leadership in office on either side. That's what citizens should truly be ashamed about and outraged about.

This is why when you see me debate on here I will more often talk about what these folks are actually doing or trying to actually bring about as opposed to all the onerous loads of numbers and graphs you are supposed to be amazed by.
                    If the people ain't doing it, it's bull.

JSChamsposted 4 years ago
  3. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Where does it say that this lady is or ever was a Democrat?
    The closest we get is that she is thought to have influenced her EX-husband's pardon by donating to the Clinton library.
    Where does it say she is renouncing her US citizenship specifically to avoid paying taxes?
    She handed over her passport in November.

And from this flimsy argument you extrapolate to "all lefties are hypocrites."
    That's a wee bit of a stretch, mate.

I said a view of the hypocrisy of the left...not all left.

working