Human Development Index,developing nations lagging

1. pramodgokhale profile image61
    pramodgokhaleposted 4 years ago

Though i am retired skilled worker, worked in India and abroad,still on job, always worried over falling HDI of developing nations,communities and BRICKS group also.
    i interact with people of developed countries, i noticed technology, Innovation, utilization ,they lead.
    We could not produce Bill Gates, Dr. Borlaug.  Our education system has serious shortcomings?
    unfortunately Indian democracy is producing more chattering intellectuals ,academicians without practical ,pragmatic attitude.Out of hundred only thirty grads are employable,Indian companies declared.then how to compete advanced nations in global market.

1. Quilligrapher profile image87
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Greetings Pramodgokhale.

I think you may not fully appreciate the progress India has made since 1980 in terms of the Human Development Index . 

The US now ranks 4th in the world having dropped from 3rd place during the last 5 years. America’s average HDI growth since 1980 is 0.27% and is the lowest growth rate reported among the leading 159 countries of the world.

On the other hand, India's performance is much better than the USA. The average HDI growth rate since 1980 for India is reported as 1.51% while the country’s rank has risen one notch to 134 since 2006. (1) 

You may discover India’s Bill Gates among this list of successful enterprenorial leaders. They are on the leading edge of India’s economic rise. (2)

Deep Kalra -
      Arvind Rao - OnMobile Global
      Shantanu Prakash - Educomp Solutions
      Sanjeev Narula - Lilliput Kidswear
      Manoj Kumar Upadhyay - ACME Telepower
      Hanumant Rao Gaikwad - BVG India
      John Kattakayam, mChek India Payment Systems
      Jay Gupta - The Loot India
      Patanjali (Patu) G Keswani - Lemon Tree Hotels
      Jagdish Khattar - Carnation Auto India
      Dr Ashwin Naik - Vaatsalya Healthcare
      Suresh Goyal - Star Agriwarehousing & Collateral Management
      Jignesh Shah - Multi Commodity Exchange of India

I think India’s future is showing great promise.

(2) … choice.htm

2. pramodgokhale profile image61
    pramodgokhaleposted 4 years ago

i appreciate you for forwarding list of Indian Bill Gates or similar people.India is still a agrarian country and 50% population depends on farming and that is their livelihood.
    India is divided in Bharat and India. Hi-tech and traditional, both are advancing and making India stronger than ever.
    India could not achieve inclusive growth and going to become Global power in this century as predicted,
    with week system..
    British left huge bureaucracy to us but routine oriented administrators were never practical and pragmatic. India became great sick man of Asia in 60s and 70s.Retraining of rejected candidates is a big exercise.
    I am proud of India's advances in Nuclear and space, but not to overlook ground situation and grass root people, their potential can be utilized for countries progress
    Thank you Sir,