jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Undecided Votes: How would a Romney/Rice ticket sway your decision?

1. LauraGT profile image88
    LauraGTposted 4 years ago

Rumors are abounding that Romney could pick Condaleezza Rice as his running mate.  Would this help or harm his presidential chances?

1. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 4 years ago in reply to this

She's viewed as too liberal on several issues, including her stances on abortion and Palestinian rights.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if she were added to the GOP ticket, but it seems like a stretch.  I think it's more likely she'd take a job as assistant to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. big_smile

2. SportsBetter profile image64
      SportsBetterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't vote for Romney either way.  I don't support debt financing, more wars, and more regulations.  I support freedom, the Constitution, the rule of law, and peace. 

Ron Paul 2012.

1. phion profile image60
        phionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

sportsbetter~
        It's really sad how much the establishment has hindered Paul.
        Paul/Cain would have been interesting.
        Who would you pair with Ron Paul?

1. SportsBetter profile image64
          SportsBetterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I know.  I wouldn't have paired him with Herman Cain.

It would have to be either Judge Napolitano or anyone else who understands the benefits of having a free society, sound money, and following the Constitution.

3. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only reason Romney would pick Ms. Rice would be to try and take some of the Black vote away from President Obama. The Black community is not going to fall for that trick.

As far as rumors go, it would be easy to start one that one of us on this thread could be in the running for the position.

If asked, I will decline. Just for the record.

LauraGTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile  Thanks for the laugh!

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

The only problem I would have on that ticket is that in no way should Condaleezza be second fiddle to Romney.  Rice/Romney would be much more appropriate!

Ms. Rice adds a foreign policy experience level that Romney is severely lacking.

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

It wouldn't sway my decision regardless.

Romney leads his action based on his religious beliefs more than conscience. He doesnt' deserve to be President. But, then again, neither does Ron Paul or Obama, so that makes the choice very difficult.

LauraGTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So, who will you vote for?  Jury still out?

4. peoplepower73 profile image85
    peoplepower73posted 4 years ago

I appreciate the question.  But I think this is an exercise in futility, because Condelezza Rice has categorically stated that she would not be his running mate. Although in politics, that means nothing.

working