jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

The US dictator engine!

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 4 years ago

With placement over the years of the likes of The Shah of Iran, Saddam Hussien, Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan, Musharraf, Suharto, Augusto Pinochet, Ferdinand Marcos and Osama Bin Laden, should we wonder why Egypt is wary of Hillary showing up in Cairo?

rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I forgot to mention Hamid Karzai as the latest gangster we got "elected" in Afghanistan.

1. profile image0
        rickyliceaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well you can blame some of those on the U.S. but dictatorships develop naturally in some areas, sure the U.S. may send some aid, but unless the U.S. physically invades the country or threatens to do, its more of an internal decision.
        Osama Bin Laden was not a dictator, he was a "terrorist.

You should read this if you think that is true.  Maybe then we can discuss further.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_Th … ators.html

2. rhamson profile image76

Osama Bin Laden was the head of Al Qaeda and ran Afghanistan after the US backed his rebels against Russia in the eighties.  Close enough for a dictator I think.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
            Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The C.I.A. trained Bin Laden, who was just one of the fighters against Soviet occupation that they trained. The Taliban ran Afghanistan, but they did give Bin Laden a base from which to train, plan, and issue orders to the organization known as Al Qaeda (The Base) which was built after the Soviets had been stalemated and defeated. Your time line was confusing.

Dully noted.

working