Romney = Backwards, Obama = Static.

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 4 years ago

The two choices we have in the coming election show exactly where this country stands with regards to the issues.  The problem is that there are those that would reverse the formula but the formula would remain the same with the gridlocked congress.  The only real power of the president is to wage war.  "W" proved that.

2. Niteriter profile image79
    Niteriterposted 4 years ago

One of the big reasons democratic governments don't perform as expected is that democracy's prime societal group does not participate. Things would improve rapidly if citizens of democratic societies would a) vote, b) encourage others to do the same, and c) apply pressure to the respective elected officials to do what they were elected to do.

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I believe that to be a true statement.  When I hear people talk about whos at fault for the condition our democracy is in, I think "I Am", and every other American with the power of the vote.  Unfortunately the terrible apathy fueled by the lack luster performance of the news media creates a condition for the general citizen to be fed up with the whole mess, know not the truth and give up.

Many voting eligible Americans are lazy and want the easiest solution to be reached as quickly as possible.  They want a silver bullet.  The problem is they think the president holds the keys and that he has the power to do it.  There are only two things the president is the holder of and that is the power of veto and to wage war.