jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Jobs again? Why won't that J-word go away?

1. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

Lol, this is my tribute to you, Wizard:

http://gop.wdgdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/missingjobscouncil.jpg

big_smile

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As a side note, why can't the GOP properly use perspective in their graphic?

I mean, the text on the carton is flat, while the surface of the container is angled away from the camera.

On top of that, didn't anybody notice the blue strip on the carton? Come on, two surfaces and no angular change?

Oh well, nothing is ever going to be as bad as the photoshop-botch job on the 'Fools Gold' DVD cover, where they made the bottom half of the chick's body about the size of a pencil.

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

Oh, a little more fun.

The President's Job Council has Jeffrey Immelt for its chairman.

Jeffrey is the CEO of GE.

Just sayin'.

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Guess who is on target to become Romneys Energy secretary.  Harold Hamm chief executive officer of Continental Resources Inc.  This guy is at the forefront of the gas and oil exploration going on in the country.  How do you think the government will facilitate more fracting once Romney is elected.

The point is that they are all the same Obama, Romney, Gingrich etc.......  They get ahead by aligning themselves with those that pay the most.  How much did Hamm donate to Romneys candidacy?  Seems like a million get the candidates ear and qualifies your advice.

They are all slime and you just have to hold your nose when you go into the booth and hope that the lesser of two evils gets the advantage.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, pretty much.

I'm basically voting on unemployment this time around. We're not going to be able to fix very many things that are wrong in America until we fix unemployment. Double digits is unacceptable.

1. rhamson profile image77
          rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree to a certain extent and I am very disapointed in Obamas success in what he has been able to do and I don't like a lot of the people he has surrounded himself with.  He could make an attempt at a feasible budget and somehow stop the bleeding of jobs overseas.  But I know where I am with him and want to give him a chance as I did "W" to come out of something that has been brewing for over 10 years with this crashing of the banks and home mortgages.

I don't see any new ideas from Romney that make sense. From his re-enacting a $3500 pay off to unemployed workers for "retraining" instead of benefits that failed with "W" to the escallation of wars in the middle east.  When he became governor of Mass. the state was rated 47th in creating new jobs.  When he left they were still 47th when he left.  That and keeping the taxes the same as "W"  and Obama to hope for the reinvestment of the wealthy easier has made no difference in the negligable growth of the economy and nothing to ease the debt.

What's the difference?

working