jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are Robots People, Too?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

Over at Daily Kos they show how Romney appears to have hired robots to do tweets for him http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/2 … t-Like-Him   This was noticed by a guy at Reddit. A reader there responded, "Robots are people, too."

Maybe it's true. If companies have the same rights as people, and they hire robots in China to convince people who will be hold political office, then the robots are doing the work of people.

I'm waiting for the Obama campaign response ... outsourcing to robots! There you go again.

1. Keith Ham profile image60
      Keith Hamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Robots are programmed and made to run specifically for certain things. There isn't quite anything along the lines of a real-time AI that has adaptive traits or has the storage medium to backup the amount of data a brain can hold.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

And the idiot who made that statement is just that, an idiot.

Online net-workers use automated software to post adverts.

So, this is a moot point.

As for the Corporation having the same legal rights as an individual, that Law needs to be repealed.

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

I hear ya.

There's an update and someone really is posting new followers for Romney. A jump of 75,000 over night: http://140elect.com/2012-twitter-politi … followers/  Some say it's Obama people doing it.

Oh, by the way, you're making too much sense today, Cagsil. Thanks.

4. Johnkadu123 profile image80
    Johnkadu123posted 4 years ago

If 'corporations are people' then yes robots can be people too. Sorry guys, I couldn't resist that one. Seriously it is nearly impossible to create the complex thing that is a human being. Where are the emotions, greed, nastiness, envy, lust, etc. You can get my drift. Robots have a long way before they can become people although I do not rule it out entirely. LOL

5. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I wonder who is behind this... I saw a twitter account that promises 10k followers for $50, so there are millions of people who could afford to do this on either side of the aisle.

6. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

For a long time I have been battling against this idea that robots are sentients beings however I just recently saw  what I consider a disturbing documentary. Apparently when it comes to genetics we humans are moving ahead faster than I have given them credit for. According to the comments from some of the people in this documentary (I can't remember the name of the documentary now) they believed they can improve upon man better than God did. For the first time a biologist or whatever he wants to call himself' he managed to transfer the ahead of one monkey onto the body of another monkey. The head remained alive on the body for seven days before the body rejected the head.

The people in the documentary believe that now they can transplant people's bodies not only on to organisms but to mechanical mechanisms. They are talking about redefining mankind as we know it.