jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The 2nd Amendment and free speech

1. Bob Francis profile image59
    Bob Francisposted 4 years ago

Recently another activist celebrity made a comment on twitter regarding the 2nd amendment. Her initials are S.S.  The total stupidity of her statement was, "When the second amendment was enacted, Americans were using Muskets!!" I assume that her intent may have been, we no longer have the right to defend ourselves against 'Tyranny," either from outside sources nor an oppressive Government; as the 2nd Amendment directed. Of course unless I suppose from her remarks, we armed ourselves with "Muskets." Her statement probably made her the darling of many gun control advocates including New Yorks Mayor Bloomberg.
    I wonder if she or anyone agreeing with her would consider the results of WWII if we'd had to fight it armed with "Muskets?"
    Of course I any many others would be dead and all survivors if there were any, would speaking a different language and it wouldn't be Mexican-Spanish! The question of course is: what's your opinion of this?

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Excellent point about the evolution of firearms over America's history.
    I personally am looking forward to being able to arm myself with drones.

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can already by mini helicopters with cameras but they fly like mosquitoes and any wind over 3mph - will probably crash 'em.