jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Romney: Not exactly a media darling?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

London and Israel are so done.
    The Romney "I'm a statesman. No really!" tour wended its way into Poland, with new assaults, this time on the MEDIA:
    1/.A Romney aide frustrated by questions about a series of gaffes the former Massachusetts governor made while Britain, Israel and Poland exploded on Monday and told reporters to “shove it.”
    Mitt Romney ignored questions from reporters about his overseas gaffes and his suggestion that Israelis were culturally superior to Palestinians, but traveling press secretary Rick Gorka responded with rage.
    “This is a holy site for the Polish people,” Gorka said. “Show some respect.”
    “We haven’t had another chance to ask some questions,” the reporter explained.
    “Kiss my ass; this is a holy site for the Polish people,” Gorka shot back, adding, “Shove it.”
    The aide later called two of the reporters to apologize, according to Politico.

Really nice.

How bad is it? Well, it's gotta be pretty bad if even FOX NEWS is comparing their treatment to a PETTING ZOO:

2. Fox News host Greta Van Susteren criticized Mitt Romney’s campaign Monday on her personal blog for its treatment of the press corps on his overseas tour.

“There has been no press access to Governor Romney since we landed in Poland,” Van Susteren wrote. “We (press) are in a holding pattern (I can’t help but feel a bit like the press is a modified petting zoo since we are trapped in a bus while Polish citizens take pictures of us.)”

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, poor mittens. Not having it good with the press is he? Money can't buy me love springs to mind here. However, he's raising his millions, but those clandestine meetings can no longer buy him votes (if only he could regress to the Bush era) Role on the debates, there's nowhere to hide and O will eat him alive. The President is not understaffed is he??

2. tom hellert profile image59
      tom hellertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

mom,
      Mr romney should be getting pissed at the press, I dont blame him for getting mad at the press  if it was Obama they would not have said anything or shouted questions till  Barry would have been ready- POOr Obama press core their feelings were hurt because they didnt show any professional acumin.. Poor poor Obama  crazy media-core (or is it corps) *BOO-HOO*The media should stop TRYING TO MAKE NEWS and just freakin report it...As for the debates i think our junior senator president is in for some trouble- Mitt is not John *snore* McInaine/McCain.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

His woeful lack of diplomacy skills is on display, along with his pitiful lack of knowledge and understanding of Israel/Palestine.  I think he may have scanned a book in preparation..

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Give him enough rope!  He is doing QUITE a job of being totally  ASSumptive!   He will finish the job, hanging himself!

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Read a funny one about how Obama and Romney are neck and neck in Nevada.
    They interviewed people from various industries on who they support.
    The owner of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch (a brothel) says he is voting for Romney.
    He said "Obama doesn't know anything about business. He could never run the Bunny Ranch. Romney could."
    Reading between the lines, is he saying Romney is better at making money from whores?
    lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was going to GO THERE but I had better bide my quite vitriolic tongue.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just asking for possible interpretations.
        Not saying that is ... or is not ... a logical conclusion to be drawn from what was actually said.
        smile

working