Romney the peacemaker, job creator?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

GOLDEN, Colo. – Mitt Romney appeared in Colorado today and promoted his bipartisan work as governor of Massachusetts. He told supporters at a rally that Americans need a president in DC who “buries the hatchet.”

“I worked in a state. I found a way to work across the aisle, by the way. And when I look — we’ve got to have someone that goes to Washington that buries the hatchet and says you know what, there are good Democrats, there are good Republicans that care about America, let’s work together to get the American people working, get some growth again.

This is important. Getting America working, this isn’t a statistic we’re talking about.  23 million Americans out work or underemployed. 23 million.

It’s a tragedy. It’s a moral failing for a country as successful and wealthy as ours to have had policies that kept people from going to work. I want to get people back to work that want to work. Put them in good jobs with more take home pay.”

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Blah blah blah.

He's not going to have any more control over it than Obama does, and Congress is a waste of the oxygen they suck in between empty speeches.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just think it's brilliant to use the word "moral failing" in his speech.
        Dishonest as hell, but true.

I don't believe he will do anything to create jobs, either.

Just find the whole POTUS election a welcome distraction (for me) from the even more ridiculous, useless politicians here in my own backyard. Which I know is yours, too, Shades.
        The word clusterf@$k comes to mind about the wasteproducts in City Hall and the Capitol.