jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

The government lied to me...again

1. t.keeley profile image83
    t.keeleyposted 8 years ago

In case anyone is wondering what else I hate the government for, this may strike a chord with you. My wife and I have yet to get our promised rebates of 600 a piece. I'm literally pissed it's...what, 7 months....after I was told I'd have it. Unfortunately we have yet to still see them. And I will not, ever, forgive our congress til it's taken care of. Promises are broken, and I guess I'm the one who needs to 'accept' that...sigh.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

If you haven't yet, think you're suppose to call the IRS to find out why.

t.keeleyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

In my attempt to call, they've rudely hung up on me and never give me the answer I want.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

I knew someone who would have a terrible time with people on the phone trying to get problems straightened out. But she was terribly rude to them, because she had been wronged. Not sure it applies here but a carrot gets one a lot farther than the stick.

4. t.keeley profile image83
    t.keeleyposted 8 years ago

The first attempt was my wife, who is never rude on the phone. I've tried and either get a dead-end automated message or the person simply states "it hasn't been issued yet." That's ridiculous since the check was due back in June. I am a salesman/customer service rep. and usually keep my cool on the phone, but the IRS is (as I've been told) the worst case for phone calls.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Why don't you write to them then?

Good idea. any ideas what exactly to write and where exactly to send? The problem I always think of with writing is the lack of accountability for the IRS to respond. On the phone I hold them 'captive' tongue

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

State your case and ask your question. Politely but firm.

As to where to send - man, I am not the IRS, and I have the same access to the Interwebz as yourself, google it big_smile

Something written always works better with any bureaucracy, they are trained to react to written word, and it leaves tracks wink

Another valid point. I'll give it a shot....maybe the IRS even feels Cristmas joy big_smile

working