jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why is Romney palling around with Islamophobe Jerry Boykin?

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

If candidates are judged by the company they keep, why is Mitt Romney hanging out with Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin in Denver?
    Among Boykin's claims to fame:
    1. He believes Islam �should not be protected under the First Amendment.�
    2. There should be �no mosques in America� because �a mosque is an embassy for Islam and they recognize only a global caliphate.�
    3.. He was uninvited to speak at West Point earlier this year due to his extreme anti-Muslim views.
    4. He was publicly rebuked by George W. Bush in 2003 for his "vitriolic" anti-Islamic rhetoric.
    5.. Currently he's a vocal supporter of Michele Bachmann's calls for investigation into Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of top government agencies (includins SOS Hillary Clinton's staff).

Yes, we understand Romney is courting the far-right. But is this going TOO FAR?

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/08/jerry_b … m_general/

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't know about him, but probably.

2. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

Doesn't matter because I'm not voting for him anyway.

3. carol3san profile image59
    carol3sanposted 4 years ago

This is an example of just how desperate Mitt Romney is to get the support of the far right.  There is very little he has to stand on...he runs away from his record as governor of Mass. and he never mentions his accomplishment in health care for that state (probably because that is now considered as a liberal policy)   Therefore I am not surprised to see him hanging out with extremist Gen. Jerry Boykin.  I believe he does it to pump up his far right wing base.

4. aguasilver profile image88
    aguasilverposted 4 years ago

Sounds like he is worth looking at, personally I have never heard of him, but although he may be extreme, he seems to have made some valid points!

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope just hate and idiocy.

5. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

For the same reason President Obama buddied up to Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

1. Angie497 profile image87
      Angie497posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, but of course. The big boogieman Rev. Wright, whose inflammatory statements were widely quoted entirely without the context provided by the full sermon. And who, even in those sermons, didn't come close to the hatred and veiled threats of violence that Boykin has managed.

Regardless of which particular religious view someone holds, it seems to me that people should be worried when someone publicly states - repeatedly - that someone else's religion shouldn't be allowed to exist in this country.

If a Muslim with the same military background, rank, and position as Boykin said even half of what Boykin has spouted publicly, people would be up in arms. No one on the right would defend him with a 'Well, it's freedom of speech.' And I can only imagine what kind of screeching we'd be hearing if Obama was the one defending him (as Bush initially defended Boykin).

I think I'll go with Josak on this one - hate & idiocy.

6. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Just another example of Romney's instability and inability. He seems to be responding to whomever tells him what to do. His vice presidential choice is as stupid and destructive as he is. Make sure that neither of them get elected or we are done for. 

Rev Wright is treated like a mass murderer while White deviant religious monsters are pushed to the top of the news as some kind of heroes.

Lying right wingers need to be called out and exposed in every forum and at every opportunity because the stupid will believe them.