jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Paul Ryan Chosen as Vice President

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

My fellow Americans, the choice has suddenly become clearer.  Let the games begin!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 … 84815.html

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol, time to vet.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Bad decision - a "hail Mary" to the Tea Party. I think Romney just lost the election.

3. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 4 years ago

A Ryan pick would solidify Romney's right flank. Ryan is from Wis. allowing the possibility of another blue state falling in play for the GOP.

But Ryan is the strongest representative of fears of seniors an others that the social compact between them and government will dissolve.  A Ryan choice may well have woken a sleeping giant, one that will cost Romney the election.

4. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Romney is already struggling with favorability ratings, and Paul Ryan has put his ideas IN THE PUBLIC FORUM.  However, he is playing the vague game just as much as Romney.  He won't tell us WHICH deductions should be eliminated.  Why is that?  If you have personal preferences, you say so. 

Giving a cowardice answer of "I'll let Congress work through the details" shows either the candidate has not thought through the available policy positions and cannot answer, or that the person is hiding the fact that he/she will raise taxes on the middle class (Tax Policy Center study found this exactly).  So it's either intellectual laziness, or cowardice.  Either one is not good for the candidates when it comes to winning an election.

5. Margaret Skipper profile image61
    Margaret Skipperposted 4 years ago

Wow yeah, i just read this too! I'm not sure how i feel yet.