jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Great article about Paul Ryan...

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/20 … NTCMP=SRCH

The writer figured what I did... Here's another 'Sarah Palin' choice that will allow Obama to win the election. Good insight into Paul Ryan's character as well. smile

1. Ralph Deeds profile image71
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good article. Ryan is an extremist, libertarian Republican.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Against equal pay for women, I sure hope that counts as extremist.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The old saying is that one sparrow does not a summer make. In other words, just because he has one sensible idea amongst 100 wacky ideas doesn't prove he's a sensible man...

3. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the link. I will share it. The more people know the truth, the more they will start to think about it. Ryan and Romney can no longer rely on slogans, lies and belligerence. They are going to have to come up with some substance, and soon.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

As an Australian, the one aspect I love being an outside observer about American politics is the amount of money spent on promoting candidates that dance to that paid money on their march to be prime candidate to become US President.

I see no to very little changes with the economy over the next four years than what has happened with your last four years. This also is irrespective about whom becomes President.

If you think thats bad, you should check out Australian politics, gets very close to crap as one can imagine about western world politics smile

5. HowardBThiname profile image90
    HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago

One interesting aspect of this article is that it points out that US healthcare is substandard, which it is - but the writer doesn't understand the problems inherent in Obamacare, which is too bad.

As far as Ryan goes, it's going to be tough for the Democrats to denounce any GOP VP pick as long as Joe Biden is still on Obama's ticket. For the past three years, Obama has done a good job of keeping Biden pretty much hidden, but now Biden's out and sticking his foot in his mouth again - at every turn.

So, it doesn't really matter what Ryan thinks or doesn't think - as long as Biden's in the mix - anyone the GOP picks is going to be better by comparison. If Obama was smart, he'd dump Biden and pick Hillary as a running mate. There wouldn't even be a contest if he did that. He's probably a bit too arrogant for that, however.

The VP debates are bound to be entertaining this time. Ryan will mop the floor with Biden. Might even be more entertaining than the Superbowl. Pop your popcorn, folks. wink

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HowardBThiname, brilliant idea about picking Hillary as a running mate!