jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Ex Marine held for posting on Facebook, could be you or me....

1. aguasilver profile image88
    aguasilverposted 4 years ago

Brandon Raub is a decorated US Marine that served in 2 wars for our country (Iraq & Afghanistan.) He was arrested by the FBI and Secret Service for his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to express his FREEDOM OF SPEECH on Facebook. Please JOIN this group and LIKE the page to show your support for Brandon Raub. Keep him and his family in prayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaE5zChb … r_embedded

1. 0
      Chasukposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will be disappointed if this is true, and even a bit surprised.

Remember, freedom of speech is not unlimited. You cannot incite bodily harm or death, and you cannot use freedom of speech to justify the jeopardizing of national security (for instance, by releasing classified military information).

I need to know what Raub expressed before I can form an opinion.

aguasilverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From what I see, this guy did none of that, but may have called for a revolution and stated that he was prepared to lead it.... (metaphorically I imagine)

Not unlike, I guess, what American revolutionary founding fathers did with the British in 1776.

Is that a crime now?

Well yes, I guess it was as much a crime as the original rebellion/revolution that deposed the British rule and authority.

Whenever we challenge the status quo, we invite censure and consequences.

The current position seems that 'they' (unidentified) are examining him to determine his mental status, with a view to showing him to be mentally unstable, i.e. marginalising him from the sheeples concerns.

The FB page posted (thanks JaxsonRaine) seems perfectly rational and sane to me, so if his 'offence' is to cal for the overthrow of a repressive regime, then I guess millions of Americans can also expect the knock on their door to take them away!

1. 0
          JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. Incite to rebellion is always considered a crime. A victorious rebellion means that you just won't be punished for it.

I don't know, people shouldn't be posting things like 'The revolution against the government is starting, and I'm leading it, and I am sharpening my axe so I can sever some heads'.

He probably didn't mean it, but who knows? With the current worldwide situation, any threats to security need to be examined.

aguasilverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well I guess sometimes patriots need to take a stand against tyrannical regimes, and the earlier patriots oppose tyrannical stirrings, the easier it would be to depose the tyrants.

I agree that stating "The revolution against the government is starting, and I'm leading it, and I am sharpening my axe so I can sever some heads' is inviting trouble from your current government, but equally, the guys a Marine, so he has been fully trained and vetted and is fully known to the government agencies, and I would think that in prior days the government would have sent a couple of guys to check him out, over a conversation in the privacy of his own property, or asked his former superior officers, to speak quietly with him and suggest moderation in his comments.

For me it is relatively inconsequential, as I am neither American or located in Americas jurisdiction, though of course the famous 'rendition' scenario is always a possibility for your government to impose, but I doubt my postings would warrant that.

The way to bring the tyrants (1%) down is to simply shop local, grow your own food, turn off the TV and no longer feed the beast.

2. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I found this discussion on it. Somebody took some screenshots of some of his posts, and linked to a page he made.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.acti … 4981556184

https://www.facebook.com/notes/brandon- … 7924188052