jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Definition of Small Goverment

1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

To all who are in favor of 'small government,' I want to know what you mean by the term.  What big programs are you in favor of, what are you against, and what do you think the highest tax rate in the United States should be?

1. innersmiff profile image79
      innersmiffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am simply against the violent nature of the state, which probably means taking out huge swathes of the government since nobody would voluntarily contribute to the vast mal-investment going on. But in principle, you guys can do whatever you want as long as you don't force me to participate, or take my property. So that means the highest tax rate should be 0%.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Innersmith, you often elude to the violence of the state, (I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here) but who are pulling their strings?

1. innersmiff profile image79
          innersmiffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The state is inherently violent by definition, but currently the major governmental powers are simply the mafia goons for the banking cartel families that have been running the world for thousands of years.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
            Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, re the goons. But i don't necessarily believe that state are inherently violent, protecting goons, yes.

working