jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Could it be....Justice, finally?

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Seven Banks Subpoenaed in LIBOR Probe

JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, and five other large banks have been subpoenaed by New York and Connecticut as part of an investigation into manipulation of the LIBOR benchmark rate, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The other banks are Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, HSBC, Citigroup, and UBS.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/seven- … obe-98680/

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Windmills of the Gods - The Gods will finally pay??

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

It's an encouraging first step.
    That's as far as I'll let myself hope at this point.
    Thanks for the news, RB.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They'll pay a few billions in fines to settle the charges without anyone going to jail.

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah.......... who gets those fines? Oh of course it is sent to the people who have been injured through the practices of these giant swindlers isn't it. So much for American Justice.

3. Reality Bytes profile image94

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.  Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."   

Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." 

Thomas Jefferson

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You stole my lines! LOL. I have posted these quotes so many times and still am in awe of the author for his grasp on the whole situation way back then. This whole mess with the banks began with the Rothschilds and their ties to American Banking back when the Fed was begun. You know they don't teach any real history in school anymore and make it more fun to poke your self in the eye with a dull stick than to memorize all the dates and other made up nonsense that has no relevence to the issues.

"The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results."

Philip Mangano

Modern History as we now know it.

4. Reality Bytes profile image94

Labour MP John Mann fears car trouble was sabotage

A Labour MP fears he may have been the victim of an attempt on his life after the wheel nuts on his car were removed.

Mr Mann told the BBC: "It may well have been the work of a thief who was interrupted. But I find it strange that the hub caps were put back on, meaning I couldn't tell that anything was wrong.

"I thought as I was driving up the A1 that I was having a bit of engine trouble. But it was only at the end of the journey that I saw one of the wheels had almost fallen off.

"This could have killed me and possibly other people if the wheels had fallen off on the A1."

In May, Nottinghamshire Police launched an investigation after Mr Mann's wife, Jo White, a Labour councillor, was sent a dead bird in the post.

Mr Mann is an outspoken member of the Treasury Select Committee who has grabbed headlines in recent months with his robust questioning of senior bankers and government ministers.

Could the bankers be sending a message?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

RB, they are so bent. (the bankers that is) During questioning of the Murdoch's, a number of treasury select committee members also received a lot of undue attention. It's no secret that new Labour, the previous Govt, were in bed with the bankers and the Murdoch press, amongst others. But, when the S hit the Fan, they pulled their money (donations) me often thinks it's a "I told you so need to think about killing you scenario."

Interestingly, Mervin King, Governor of the Bank of England has more or less, in so many words, admitted that the people who have benefited most from QE, are the wealthiest 5% of in the country. I know, you're shocked, right? lol

it really irritates me the way that Barclays have stated they're setting aside so much money to pay fines for the LIBOR scandal, like it's nothing, a parking ticket.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
        Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep. Just a routine cost of doing business.