jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Lance Armstrong - Stops Fighting

1. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

Personally, I feel bad for the guy. Seems to be the longest witch-hunt...

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/l … st-23-2012

I don't think the cycling agencies are going to strip his titles away, they seem to be upset at the USADA's position of thinking they are the ones with the authority to do that.

What do you think? Witch hunt or cheater?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, it hasn't been proven, you would think there should be some proof other than what other people have said.

1. 0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's the thing... he was tested hundreds of times, both the scheduled tests for all competitors, and extra random, no-warning tests by several agencies. He never refused to volunteer for a random test.

This is our tax dollars at work. Gotta love it.

I'm giving him credit for refusing to keep fighting. He just got done with a two year investigation... I've dealt with minor legal things before, and it's a pain in the you-know. I can understand him wanting to focus on what matters.

2. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 4 years ago

Wow - I can't believe all the testing he already submitted to and still is being investigated?

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I haven't followed this closely. Didn't some test along the line turn up positive to get all this started?

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I thought they are stripping him of 7 titles (?)

Not to be flip, but does this mean the end ot LiveStrong, too?
    The guy beat cancer and has done a lot of good in the world.

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They are recommending it. The USADA doesn't have the authority to take away TdF titles, that's under the Intenational Cycling Association or whatever it's called.

I don't think it will have too much of an impact on it... he's just no longer going to continue defending himself against these accusations, so he can focus on LiveStrong.

5. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I don't care about anything else anyone has to say about Lance Armstrong: The USADA never proved that he took performance enhancing drugs. He never tested positive for such.

This was a bizarre and illegal persecution that should have been investigated by the Justice Department a long time ago.

Everyone is entitled to a proper trial and examination of the evidence when their lives, ability to make an income, and reputations are at stake.

The fraud, waste and abuse laws should also be used to investigate the USADA personnel who perpetrated this mess and wasted a good chunk of their budget.