jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Strip Clubs prepare for the GOP Convention

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Strippers look to GOP to 'make it rain'
    By Ann O'Neill, CNN
    updated 10:32 PM EDT, Thu August 23, 2012

Tampa's strip clubs are preparing for the Republican National Convention
        More than 50,000 visitors are expected to converge on the Florida city
        Tampa is known as "lap dance capital of the world," but other cities have more nude clubs
        A strip club trade group says Republicans spend three times more than Democrats

Read the whole article here.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/politics/ … index.html
    I watched this on the news this morning and it gave me a chuckle..so is it do as I say and not as I do?  wink

2. 0
    SassySue1963posted 4 years ago

It says nothing of numbers that attend and in fact, says that both parties indulge. It merely says Republicans outspend the Dems $150 to $50. Proving that Dems only like to spend other people's money! smile

1. 2besure profile image82
      2besureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Moral Right, ain't so moral!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I SMELL double standard here!

2. Stacie L profile image90
      Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well if Dems like to spend other's money,why are they so cheap?

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Well FINALLY.
    Now we know what kind of jobs the Republicans support.
    Can't outsource a stripper, now can you?

4. HowardBThiname profile image91
    HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago

For the girl's sake - I hope the GOP drops some bucks there. I doubt they will, but some of those girls are working their way through college and could sure use the cash.

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. And even those not working their way through college could use the cash.

Reminds me of a quote a few weeks back. People in Nevada were being interviewed about who they are supporting for president.
      The owner of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch (a brothel) says he is voting for Romney.
      He said "Obama doesn't know anything about business. He could never run the Bunny Ranch. Romney could."

I find that hilarious.

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Let me surmise this situation.   Well, Republicans have an agenda which is anti-sex i.e. if you have sex and get pregnant, no abortion for you!    They are supposedly for sex when it is in the confines of marriage, to put it more succinctly, heterosexual marriage.     They also contend that women should be in their place so to speak i.e. preferrably housewives and mothers.    Now, what is wrong with this picture you ask?   Well, Republicans have their freaky side too it seem.   All these Republicans who tout anti-sexual values just have been caught with their pants down so to speak!    In other words,  I can be freaky, it is my prerogative but you the public and the "hoi polloi" cannot....hmmmmmm!

6. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I was just talking about this with friends on another website. We were guessing that the tampa overflow will end up at the clubs in Orlando. Not to mention the gay bars raking in the bucks from all the closeted boys. We bet that the Parliment House in Orlando is booked solid. LOL!

I remember when they had president Bush (senior) in Grand Rapids. The gay bars were packed with guys in suits, when the normal attire for a couple of those bars is jeans and a flannel shirt. You can tell when there is a convention in town. Also happened when ever they have the big christian home-coming convention. You can bet the strip clubs were packed then too.

Politicians and Religious folks like to put on a big front. But, a majority are just as dirty minded as the rest of us. Only some of us don't feel the need to hide or lie about it.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Aw, c'mon'! You know a devout Republican male would NEVER go to a strip club! lol

I think "boys will be boys," regardless of their political affiliation. Actually, the R guys are prolly just going as an act of charity. I'm sure they don't actually "look." (inject sarcasm here)

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It is a bigger deal because the Republicans tout themselves as the only party that believes in family values and morality.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

9. Ralph Deeds profile image71
    Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago

I heard on the radio this morning that one of the strip clubs is offering a Sarah Palin look-alike.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah, the R man's ultimate fantasy. You betcha!