jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Telephone Polls. Have you been asked who you are voting for?

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I was sitting at home with nothing better to do, when I received a phone call from a political group wanting to now who I was voting for, and why. The caller, (female probably foreign) claimed that the call did not represent any party, and was merely gathering information.

From what I could gather from talking to her, she seemed mainly to focus on Romney. He is doing this, and he is doing that, and what my opinion of that was. She also asked me what I thought of Ryan Paul or whatever his name is, and wether I thought he was a good choice for Mitten's running mate. Not that I care, because he has about as much pull as Sarah Palin.

She did tell me a few things that Obama was doing, but it was all negative things, while everything she said about Mittens was positive, and she did not once ask my opinion of Joe Biden. So, I am guessing that this poll taker was on the Romney payroll. A few questions that I found annoying. What's my annual salary, (I told her zero) Employed or unemployed..(Neither) And, the most annoying, what race are you, white, black, hispanic, or other. I was going to say purple with green lollipop stripes, but, I just replied. I am american, and that's all that should matter.

I also didn't care for the answer they wanted. Strongly support down to Don't support at all. I like to be really annoying and fill in the grey areas. Simple yes or no questions would have been better. And, like those employee tests, she asked the same questions about Romney, only switching the words around to make him sound better. But did not do the same with the Obama questions.

So, has anyone else received this type of call? First time I have ever responded to one. Kind of a pointless phone conversation if you ask me. When there is so much other media out there to reach whatever audience they are looking for. Sure would like to have the money they are spending on that!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, I have not!    I do not usually respond when a caller starts to survey me, I simply say not interested and hang up the phone, enough said!

1. brimancandy profile image83
        brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would have done that, but I was bored. It could have just as easily been a survey about what cereal I ate every day, or what deodorant I use. But, darn! They weren't giving away any free stuff this time! Rats! I forgot to ask for my free bailout!

2. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

No-one phoned me.

Is there an election coming up?

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

I got something like that.  I told them I was voting for Cthulhu because I didn't believe in choosing the lesser of two evils.  He didn't get it.

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Which Super PAC did they say there were with, again?

Good answer, Melissa!

5. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

Isn't Cthulhu the god that was released by the DP oil company in an episode of South Park? The onle where they drilled a hole into the ocean floor and opened the door to an evil universe? With the president of the DP oil company naked on a bare skinned rug...going "We're Sorry." LOL!

6. 0
    screamingposted 4 years ago

In my all years, Never!

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I haven't been polled this year, but for the 2008 election, I was polled THREE times. My best friend was polled then, too.

8. PrettyPanther profile image85
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

I will not respond to a poll unless the caller identifies who is funding the polling.  Most of the time they are evasive, so I hang up.