jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

1. marwan asmar profile image78
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

How many of you are interested in politics and follow political developments

1. xstatic profile image62
      xstaticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am very interested. It seems as if every election we have in htis country is one that will have the possibility to change the very way we exist, This one is crucial, a real crossroads with two very different ideas about what is best for Americans. However, I avoid the political and religion sections on HP because I do not wna to get involved in the rants and name calling that political and/or religious discussion in the US has become. There are too many shades of opinion in this country and everyone views theirs as the only real Truth. I can be somewhat guilty of that myself.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Politics is a never ending story of brilliance and stupidity. How so many can be led by feelings and bravada without even stopping to look at the factual realities and defend the undefencible in order to save position and face. If Americans took the time to really investigate the candidates and their platforms they would soon see how hypocritical all of it is and the manipulation behind it. Money is at the heart of the collapse of the reasoning and false mutterings the vehicle to carry out the deception.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Just a look at how many threads are in this forum should show you that.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking that, too, UW.

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

4. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I'm a political junkie, I'm afraid. But I also have to confess that on a daily basis I have to slap myself for allowing myself to get drawn into "the nonsense".

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are showing incredible restraint, Hollie.
      I have not seen you post in the "Do liberals make you ill?" thread.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I am, and I do - but I generally keep discussions on the topic within my own circle of folks (all of whom tend to think similarly to me in a lot of ways).  Come to think of it, I don't know many people who think a whole lot differently than I do.  I wouldn't mind a solid, calm, debate about the issues (with "whoever", and with people whose ideas are completely unlike my own, but on here it doesn't tend to stay "solid and calm".   On here (and regardless of side), there's a lot of nastiness and/or people who don't really know (or at least present) the facts.  I can't really see the point of debating/discussing something as heated as politics with people who can't/won't stay civil and present solid, complete, information/points.  If I'm going to waste time and energy I'd rather do it on a goofy thread, if on the forums at all.

6. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

National politics doesn't interest me. International politics has my attention.