PA Senate Candidate Offers Dad's View of Rape, Pregnancy

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

No, not dad as in the impregnator.
    Dad as in the father of the female who finds herself pregnant.
    Ladies, listen up.
    Next time you find yourself raped or possibly  having a baby out of wedlock, don't forget to ask yourself, "What would Dad do?"
    (If you answered "He would never, ever face my situation because he's a guy and guys don't get pregnant" you obviously don't have Tome Smith, R-PA as a father.)

Excerpts from article:
    The Republican candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania on Monday compared the decision to abort an unwanted pregnancy resulting from premarital sex to one conceived through rape as he defended his opposition to abortion in all cases.

Tom Smith, who is challenging Democratic Sen. Bob Casey, made the remark after being asked how he would argue to keep the baby if a daughter or granddaughter were to become pregnant as a result of rape. Smith said that his daughter went through "something similar" to rape: "Having a baby out of wedlock."

"I lived something similar to that with my own family, and she chose the life, and I commend her for that," Smith said, adding that his daughter was not raped. "She knew my views, but fortunately for me ... she chose the way I thought."

After comparing the decisions raised by rape and out-of-wedlock pregnancy, Smith was asked a follow-up question about whether the two were similar.

He replied: "No, no, no, but, well, put yourself in a father's position. Yes, I mean, it is similar, this isn't, but I'm back to the original, I'm pro-life _ period."

Asked to clarify, he said: "I'm not going to argue about the method of conception. It's a life, and I'm pro-life . It's that simple."

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

yeah....for sure...i'd be wondering what would dad do? ....i'd wonder whether or not he'd let me do a quick castration when he caught the rapist for me......and then i'd leave the rest for him...........................................

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love your new avatar, SWOH.
      Vroom, vroom!
      Can't picture anyone messing with you ... or your dad!