jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Deaf preschooler asked to change name sign

1. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/G … 94325.html

I fully encourage every person who hears this story to send an email to the spokesperson jsheard@gips.org... try to keep it more professional than what I'm going to send them.

The boy's name is hunter, and he signs his name by making gun-shapes out of both hands, with his index and middle finger crossed. The school says this violates their no-weapons policy.

1. cloverleaffarm profile image81
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life! I watched the video, and in no way does it resemble a gun. Even if it did, it's his name, not a weapon. I'm wondering if they will now change the policy to include "you can not make a "gun" with your hands.
      The school officials are making themselves look like idiots.

1. 0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know, I"m so unbelievably outraged at this, the people in charge should be fired, scorned, and driven out of town.

I sure hope bullying a deaf 3-year-old makes them feel like important people.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

School boards can be among the most obtuse and riduculous forms of "government" out there. On par with homeowners' associations for blatant abuse of power by small-minded, misguided, sick and twisted keepers of an imaginary flame.

What comes to my mind is the head of the school board's name must be Dick.
    I wonder how he is able to "sign" that -- and not be arrested for indecent exposure!

Last week we had a principal denying a diploma to the class valedictorian.
    What can they possibly think of next???

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, they  can be ridiculous.

My hometown high school a few years back wanted to get rid of all the technology classes. They said that students could still take the home-ec classes, because 'they would still have computers in those rooms'.

Half the students showed up to the next meeting in protest... sorry, but 'I took a sewing class in high school' doesn't look too good on a resume for a software engineer.