jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Fiscal Irresponsibility

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

This is quite depressing, no matter which side of the aisle you are on.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read this, I am indeed SICK.   I just cannot believe this.  A worst economic depression is coming maybe even worse than my parents' Great Depression.

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The numbers are staggering and yet the games that we let the congress and the president play are incredible.

The 16 trillion number is just another number to the whores on th ehill and when the time is right they thrash each other with it. Up until that time comes it is business as usual.

Do we really need 11 aircraft carriers? Do we need to feed the world? Do we need to support the Queen? Do we need to carry on acting like we are the emporer with no clothes?

When the fall comes we wil be burning our furniture to stay warm.

2. Niteriter profile image79
      Niteriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

U.S. corporations are sitting on over $2 trillion in cash. That's just the cash, or should I say, just the cash they've had to reveal. If corporate leaders used their cash, their operational assets, and their collective mind power to concentrate on finding solutions for the nation's problems, the national debt would disappear in short order. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

On the subject of corporate leaders' reluctance to use the wealth they accumulated from the country during the good times to help out during the good times, does this not look like a gut punch for trickle-down economics theory?

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Greed is Good" Gordon Gekko - Wall Street the movie.

2. 0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Greed is the fundamental basis of a Capitalist system.  The Gordon Gekko quote Rhamson mentioned summarizes what Adam Smith said in the Wealth of Nations.

It's not surprising the rich are still rich, and the rest of us are struggling.