jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Drew Peterson is Guilty - Facing a Minimum 60 Years in Prison

1. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

The verdict is in, and Drew Peterson has been found guilty of the first degree murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.  Hopefully, this will at last bring some peace to his family and to the family of his ex-wife.

What do you think?

1. JamaGenee profile image87
      JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yippee!!!

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jama, that was my first response as well!  I think I scared the stuffins out of my husband and dog. 

Then I got thinking about his poor children.  What kind of heartbreak must they be experiencing?

Thanks for dropping in!  smile

1. JamaGenee profile image87
          JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Drew Petersons of the world believe they'll never be caught, so never consider that murdering the mother of their children will render those children orphans twice over, first by the death of Mom and then lifetime imprisonment of Dad.  Very sad.

1. profile image0

So true.  And I was reading today that one of his children with Kathleen testified for him at his trial.  What kind of guilt is this poor kid going to have to deal with for not being able to 'save' his dad.  Ugh. 

And to think, he may actually have avoided prison if he'd done what his attorneys kept telling him to and simply shut his mouth.  But his arrogance and disdain for everyone around him brought him here, IMO.

2. Reynold Jay profile image82
    Reynold Jayposted 4 years ago

IF he lives 60 years at $30,000 a year to feed and house I come up with a million , eight hundred thousand. How in the world are we gonna balance the budget? He gets a health plan too and pays no premiums.  Think how many starving children we could feed! This guy we all know is a creepy guy. There must be a better way....Just some random thoughts today.

1. profile image0

I certainly see the truth and irony in what you say, Mr. Jay.  I wish there was a better way for now.  BUT - to have him off the street and not able to hurt any more women or children is definitely a good thing.  Hope you're well.

smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

What a weird (awful) coincidence to have two men named Peterson in big public trials for killing their wives.
    Scott Peterson and now Drew Peterson.

It sounds like justice was served. Won't bring the victims back, but it's some vindication for the families.

working