jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

#Arithmetic

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Lacking a "Math in Society" subcategory for this forum, I put it as close as I could.

So...
    Arithmetic is trending worldwide on Twitter.
    Is Bill Clinton brilliant, or what?

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, MM. I'm going there now to tweet all my math hubs.

Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good idea. But don't get suckered into that twitter advertising deal.
        Doesn't add up!
        smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I won't. I will continue to tweet and get new followers every day for free. big_smile

2. Wayne Brown profile image88
    Wayne Brownposted 4 years ago

If you consider saying whatever the definition of "is" really is then maybe it fits the question you are asking.  Regardless is the answer is "not even close". ~WB

Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really? Apparently some Republicans have gotten over that. In fact, Veep candidate Paul Ryan praised President Clinton as recently as yesterday.
      Hmmm.

"Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan on Wednesday held Bill Clinton up as a model of reform and Barack Obama as his opposite, hours before the former president's speech to the Democratic National Convention.

Campaigning in Iowa, Ryan lauded Clinton administration action on welfare reform and spending reductions — areas where the GOP ticket has aimed some of its sharpest critiques of Obama, the incumbent Democrat.

Void of a single reference to Clinton-era scandals, Ryan's praise was a way to paint Obama as a failure on the GOP ticket's terms.

"Under President Clinton we got welfare reform," Ryan told an audience outside a small-town courthouse west of Des Moines. "President Obama is rolling back welfare reform. President Clinton worked with Republicans in Congress to have a budget agreement to cut spending. President Obama, a gusher of new spending."

working