jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Two value system

1. peoplepower73 profile image88
    peoplepower73posted 4 years ago

After watching both conventions, it appears as if they have to different value systems for governing the country. Which do you think is better for the country: Lowering taxes on high income earners and corporations, including privatizing medicare, social security, and health care or creating conditions for improving the infrastructure, including roads, bridges, education, and renewable energy?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Two very, very different value systems. Both economic and social agendas, as well as foreign policy (although that was not a focal point at RNC) are very, very different. The gulf is wide, indeed.

If lowering taxes on wealthy and corporation will really translate into jobs for Americans, then bring it on. But, our own experience has shown that that does not occur.
      Austerity has worked so well in Europe, hasn't it? Maybe not a good model to emulate. Just a thought.
      And even if we thought that would jumpstart the economy faster and better, it's a package deal with an extremely constrictive (in many ways punitive) social agenda.

In terms of infrastructure, I think President Obama said what many people have been saying for a long time. We have spent way too much time and money on Iraq and Afghanistan wars. We have very basic, very important needs at home. It's time to get America's house back in order.
      "Nation building right here at home: Sounds like a plan to me!

1. JayeWisdom profile image93
        JayeWisdomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like one to me, too!

2. JSChams profile image60
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

This commercial was approved by the Democratic Party.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Funding by shills4reals.