jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Romney Likes Some Aspects of Obamacare

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/09/r … obamacare/

It's not surprising since he passed a nearly identical bill in Massachusetts!

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I read and heard about this Sooner, so he is wavering again is he? He is also at odds it appears with Ryan who wants to go through with the cuts for the sequestation(sp) gutting the military and social programs, holding hostage a bipartisan package to deal with the deficit.. Romney abhors the military cuts and Ryan just as soon see it all come under the knife.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is what it is.  The man doesn't have much credibility left.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Not wavering. Cherry-picking (or pandering, if you prefer).
    Some aspects of Obamacare are popular with Americans.
    He is picking out the 2 parts that poll well and telling Americans he will keep them in his new plan. He will still "repeal" Obamacare but will include these two crowd pleasers in whatever version of health reform he implements.
    Coincidentally (?) these are two components that put lots more $$$ in the hands of insurers (along with higher risk, yeah, I know that).

Someone is directing Romney to dissociate himself from chop-happy Ryan.
    But we are so used to him reversing himself on positions, it should not seem odd in the least to be REVISING his PLATFORM weekly.
    No doubt it will morph several more times between now and November 6.
    Which way is that old Gallup wind a blowin' today???
    Wait! There's still plenty of time for me to become someone completely different!

I have not looked up what (if anything) he plans to do about extending Medicaid benefits to millions more Americans. Assume that part of Obamacare will be gutted.
    Have no clue what (if anything) he plans to do about all the other great things in the ACA that deal directly with supporting providers on the care delivery side.
    Those don't get covered on Fox News or Mike Huckabee's TV ads. I have never seen them directly dissed here on the forums, either.
    So I guess they are irrelevant...

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago
    1. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 4 years ago in reply to this

His puppet masters must have given him a call to remind him where he REALLY stands.

Fortunately for those of us paying attention, there's this newfangled thing called the internet where people can, like, compare stuff candidates say on television to what they say in the press to see if they contradict each other. Whatever will people think of next!

4. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 4 years ago

I love the term "Puppet Masters," which describes fairly well where both candidates are currently at...they are both being largely moved per public appeal. It becomes all about  the "Polls."  Unfortunately for us (voters) although we think through these polls we are pulling political-strings it is really the other way around.