Obama next president

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. marwan asmar profile image66
    marwan asmarposted 11 years ago

Do you think Barack Obama has a cat's in hell's chance of winning the next US presidential election

1. robie2 profile image77
      robie2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The polls seem to show Obama is ahead at this point.   I think he has a rather good chance of winning.  That said, I think it will be close, but I think the Republican leadership has already figured that Obama will serve another four years-- that's why the real Republican heavyweights like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie are waiting till 2016.  Mitt Romney is a Republican John Kerry.

2. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think Obama will win (and certainly hope he will). Romney's confusion about health care ( he said he will repeal Obamacare initially, now on Sunday, he says he likes parts of it, then later his campaign tried to clear his muddle up) shows his thinking is unclear. If Obama does his homework, he can shred Romney in the debates.

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

I agree that Obama will probably be re-elected.
    Romney is not very clear in his policies  that I can see.
    I don't know if Obama will be better the second time around,so we'll see.

1. xstatic profile image60

If he has a Congress that will work with him, instead of setting a goal
      for his defeat, it will be a successsful term. I hope for a Demo House and Senate  so something constructive can be accomplished. I know that gaining that many seats in the House is unrealistic though.

1. Billy Hicks profile image81
        Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

While I agree that, barring some huge development or scandal between now and November,   the President will more than likely win reelection, you can pretty much forget about him having a favorable Congress.

According to yesterday's polls, the projection is still for Republicans to take the Senate (51/47 with 2 I), and hold on to the House (244/191).

I know it wishful thinking. But the Senate is not a foregone conclusion at all, depending on th poll you look at.

1. Billy Hicks profile image81
            Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, it's not certain by any means, even less so thanks to Akin in MO and his "legitimate rape" philosophy, but the DSCC has already begun redistributing funding and manpower to races where they're still competitive, and are starting to abandon the races where the numbers aren't showing any improvement.

Personally, not being a fan of either President Obama or Mitt Romney, I'm of the "the devil you know beats the devil you don't" philosophy; I'm much more afraid of Mitt Romney with a proverbial "blank check" in Congress than I am of a "Lame Duck" presidency that only treads water for four years against an opposition Congress.

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You know, Obama had a democratic congress for the first half of his term, and what happened?  Not much.  The midterm elections were pretty definitive in terms of how the public felt about his efficacy.  IMO, anyway.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He was too eager to try and include Republicans in his first year, before he realized he was not going to get any cooperation it was too late.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64
          Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not much? What are you talking about? Universal health care has been the goal of every president since Harry Truman. We wound down the war in Iraq, and began the process of winding down our foolish mission in Afghanistan. We pulled the U.S. economy back from the brink of a deep depression. We passed the Dodd-Frank bill which, although not perfect and not yet fully implemented, will help prevent another financial meltdown. We saved the U.S. auto companies and a million jobs. And the Navy Seal mission authorized by Obama killed Bin Laden. And a drone killed the second in command. Where have you been? Watching Rush Limbaugh, apparently.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

I'm voting for Romney, but I feel sure Obama will win. I don't think Obama is terrible, BTW. I hope all the corporations sitting on all that $$ will start hiring after the election is over. And I'm ready for it to be over. I'm really tired of the nasty bickering, and we Georgians rarely even see ads on TV. It must be hell for those in the battleground states.

If you think the gridlock is bad now, imagine how it will be if the Rs have both houses of Congress.

Yeah, only thing worse if they had the White House toooooo...lol!

4. shemiahl profile image61
    shemiahlposted 11 years ago

More than likely.

5. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

This is good to know. I can put in my one vote here in Riga.So you all say to vote for Obama? Any other suggestions?

Gypsy, every vote is important, so yes vote for Obama. If he gets a Congress, which is the House of Reps and Senate combined, there will be movement in the right direction (in my opinion). That is unlikely, but that is waht needs to happen.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

I have an idea ! Vote all incumbants out of office until they get the message . Our leadership is so broken at this point that it matters not who wins ,  seriously America is in decline , politicaly , culturally and  the  lack of social conscience and maturity is suffering from a desease still unidentified.  Call it what you want , Pres. Obama said he'd rather be a good one term president than a bad two term one. I think  he will have his way .....either way !  As an independent , I don't  like either candidate . You all do realize that our political problems lie in Congress and Senate anyways , right ?

7. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 11 years ago

God Forbid.  If you have read or viewed - Obama 2016 -
    you will know what he plans to complete within the next
    four years if he is re-elected.  After  seeing that film -
    my vote goes to Romney - the lesser of the two evils.

Movie is right-wing hokum though,

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are the filmakers, that made that trash, mind readers? How whould they know what the president is going to do in 4 years? I guess that crap appeals to people who can't think for themselve.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)