jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

Obama next president

1. marwan asmar profile image78
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

Do you think Barack Obama has a cat's in hell's chance of winning the next US presidential election

1. robie2 profile image91
      robie2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The polls seem to show Obama is ahead at this point.   I think he has a rather good chance of winning.  That said, I think it will be close, but I think the Republican leadership has already figured that Obama will serve another four years-- that's why the real Republican heavyweights like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie are waiting till 2016.  Mitt Romney is a Republican John Kerry.

2. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I think Obama will win (and certainly hope he will). Romney's confusion about health care ( he said he will repeal Obamacare initially, now on Sunday, he says he likes parts of it, then later his campaign tried to clear his muddle up) shows his thinking is unclear. If Obama does his homework, he can shred Romney in the debates.

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I agree that Obama will probably be re-elected.
    Romney is not very clear in his policies  that I can see.
    I don't know if Obama will be better the second time around,so we'll see.

1. xstatic profile image60

If he has a Congress that will work with him, instead of setting a goal
      for his defeat, it will be a successsful term. I hope for a Demo House and Senate  so something constructive can be accomplished. I know that gaining that many seats in the House is unrealistic though.

1. Billy Hicks profile image88
        Billy Hicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

While I agree that, barring some huge development or scandal between now and November,   the President will more than likely win reelection, you can pretty much forget about him having a favorable Congress.

According to yesterday's polls, the projection is still for Republicans to take the Senate (51/47 with 2 I), and hold on to the House (244/191).

I know it wishful thinking. But the Senate is not a foregone conclusion at all, depending on th poll you look at.

1. Billy Hicks profile image88
            Billy Hicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, it's not certain by any means, even less so thanks to Akin in MO and his "legitimate rape" philosophy, but the DSCC has already begun redistributing funding and manpower to races where they're still competitive, and are starting to abandon the races where the numbers aren't showing any improvement.

Personally, not being a fan of either President Obama or Mitt Romney, I'm of the "the devil you know beats the devil you don't" philosophy; I'm much more afraid of Mitt Romney with a proverbial "blank check" in Congress than I am of a "Lame Duck" presidency that only treads water for four years against an opposition Congress.

2. 0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You know, Obama had a democratic congress for the first half of his term, and what happened?  Not much.  The midterm elections were pretty definitive in terms of how the public felt about his efficacy.  IMO, anyway.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He was too eager to try and include Republicans in his first year, before he realized he was not going to get any cooperation it was too late.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
          Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not much? What are you talking about? Universal health care has been the goal of every president since Harry Truman. We wound down the war in Iraq, and began the process of winding down our foolish mission in Afghanistan. We pulled the U.S. economy back from the brink of a deep depression. We passed the Dodd-Frank bill which, although not perfect and not yet fully implemented, will help prevent another financial meltdown. We saved the U.S. auto companies and a million jobs. And the Navy Seal mission authorized by Obama killed Bin Laden. And a drone killed the second in command. Where have you been? Watching Rush Limbaugh, apparently.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I'm voting for Romney, but I feel sure Obama will win. I don't think Obama is terrible, BTW. I hope all the corporations sitting on all that $$ will start hiring after the election is over. And I'm ready for it to be over. I'm really tired of the nasty bickering, and we Georgians rarely even see ads on TV. It must be hell for those in the battleground states.

If you think the gridlock is bad now, imagine how it will be if the Rs have both houses of Congress.

Yeah, only thing worse if they had the White House toooooo...lol!

4. shemiahl profile image68
    shemiahlposted 4 years ago

More than likely.

5. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image63
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

This is good to know. I can put in my one vote here in Riga.So you all say to vote for Obama? Any other suggestions?

Gypsy, every vote is important, so yes vote for Obama. If he gets a Congress, which is the House of Reps and Senate combined, there will be movement in the right direction (in my opinion). That is unlikely, but that is waht needs to happen.

6. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

I have an idea ! Vote all incumbants out of office until they get the message . Our leadership is so broken at this point that it matters not who wins ,  seriously America is in decline , politicaly , culturally and  the  lack of social conscience and maturity is suffering from a desease still unidentified.  Call it what you want , Pres. Obama said he'd rather be a good one term president than a bad two term one. I think  he will have his way .....either way !  As an independent , I don't  like either candidate . You all do realize that our political problems lie in Congress and Senate anyways , right ?

7. 0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

God Forbid.  If you have read or viewed - Obama 2016 -
    you will know what he plans to complete within the next
    four years if he is re-elected.  After  seeing that film -
    my vote goes to Romney - the lesser of the two evils.

Movie is right-wing hokum though,

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
        Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are the filmakers, that made that trash, mind readers? How whould they know what the president is going to do in 4 years? I guess that crap appeals to people who can't think for themselve.