jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Are you better off than you were four years ago?

1. phion profile image61
    phionposted 4 years ago

I know this is played out, but here are some facts. Check them please.

-Food stamps up 46% with 15 million new participants
    -Median household income down $4,300
    -gas up from $1.84 to $3.74
    -debt hits more than $16 trillion
    -credit downgrade
    -QE1, QE2, and QE3
    -14.7% true unemployment
    -labor participation lowest since 1981
    -double digit inflation…soon to be stagflation
    -23.1 million under or unemployed
    -97.3 million American’s qualify as “low-income”
    -49.1 million are in poverty
    -Average hourly wages down
    -self-employed Americans pay down $3,721
    -over a million manufacturing jobs lost despite over a trillion spent to help
    -velocity of money hits post WWII lows
    -average cost of healthcare per household up $3,000
    -5.7 million mortgages 30 days late or in foreclosure
    -1 in 4 American’s under water on mortgage
    -college tuition up 25%
    -student debt up $1 trillion with a default rate of 17%, and oversight committee saying it could reach 49%
    -monthly food costs up more than 10% per household
    -S&P volume in a steady decline, except after more money printing talks by Bernanke/FED

Let me guess it’s all Bush's/Republican's fault? How about a little ownership of responsibility?
    How about a government that is leaner, not meaner?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just love it. We're climbing out of the worst recession since the Great Depression, a recession that happened at the end of 8 years of Republican administration, and the Republicans insist that Obama is doing a bad job because it's not resolved yet. The Great Depression took about 10 years and a World War to turn the economy around. Why is Obama only given 4 years? And why would we want to give the administration back to the Republicans when they did such a criminally crummy job of running the country? I like the way Clinton put it.
      He said:
      ...the Republican argument against the president’s re- election was actually pretty simple, pretty snappy. It went something like this: “We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough, so fire him and put us back in.”

1. phion profile image61
        phionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry another world war is in the plans.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're quoting the same stats as HowardBThinane but neither provide links.
      Karl Rover is working overtime today, I see.

1. phion profile image61
        phionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do your own fact checks MM, like I encouraged, please feel free. Or you could just blame blame blame like the first poster. The only thing that everyone ignores when they think I am a republican, is that I voted for Obama the first time, and only care about what is best for America. I am one of many, who are not going with the flow this time. I just hope to point out facts for my children’s sake. I refuse to chant chant chant....4 more 4 more 4 more of the same. Plus I've done some research since then.

God Bless America, and the many families of those directly, and indirectly affected by the events on 9-11-01.