jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

The Jewish Community is finally starting to get it.

1. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4S2uvF … e=youtu.be

This is an ad which will run during the Miami Dolphins game Sunday.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image69
      tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago in reply to this

America has always supported Israel. it is disturbing to see where this is headed.

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
        Petra Vlahposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Let me do that one more time" - Vierogoza sauys, but the majority still said NO and guess what; the motion passed anyway. Any doubt "we the people" have a voice?

no...we the people no longer have a voice

so why are we even bothering to vote?

dont ask me i dont vote anymore...no one worth voting for

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Israel has been convicted of more international war crimes than any country since Nazi Germany by the international courts, they used phosphorous weapons (which are internationally banned) on civilians! It's time we stop backing a country that admits to using torture on most (85%) of Palestinian prisoners almost all con combatants and causing the deaths of hundreds through torture etc. etc. it's completely ridiculous to support such a country.

the day America stops supporting Israel is the day we sign our death warrant. i am speaking of prophecy.

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh OK that makes it OK then. Your particular faith says (or you think it does) that we should support Israel therefore we should aid genocide and war crimes... What does god think of torture and murder pray tell?

i just know what prophecy says. i know NO one is innocent. i know all are earning GODs wrath. i watch the happening in the world and see prophecy coming to pass. there is no right side any more.

3. Billy Hicks profile image88
      Billy Hicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On a related note, it's running during a Dolphins game, which means there's a better than 50/50 chance it's only going to be seen by like 10 people.

Sorry, any chance to take a shot at the Dolphins... "Squish The Fish!"

I'll just show myself out...

1. JSChams profile image61
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the opposing team is the big draw.

1. Billy Hicks profile image88

In most cases yes, but this week it's only Oakland.

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image69

it is a shame to let emotions lead you...i wonder how many people will see that ad and believe it to be gospel truth...when it has been doctored. when that man, whoever he was kept repeating himself it was because they were having a difficult time telling the difference between the eyes and the nos...as to who was more in volume...actually the ayes had it. here is what really took place.

http://youtu.be/XIXvbSL83RM

bah...the *ayes*...not the eyes lol

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Get what? Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians.

That is debatable, and it is one of the big reasons peace will be hard to come about in the region

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The Emergency Committee for Israel? Really???
    Didn't even get all the words typed into my Google search before it brought up a whole bunch of articles on this radical "Israel-first" group.
    A quick scan of just a few of the articles (the one I linked to below is typical) reveals that they hardly represent the "Jewish Community" -- whatever that is.
    If we're going to generalize about American Jews (which I normally would not do, but you've set the bar here by proclaiming the "Jewish COMMUNITY" finally gets it), the #1 trait they share in common is they are very smart people. Educated. Not easily fooled.

This kind of hatchet job may play well with Islamophobic far-right Christian zealots (the most outspoken and rabid Israel firsters).

I suspect the intended audience -- if they even watch football -- will see right through it.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-02/m … el-funding

1. livelonger profile image88
      livelongerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. These sorts of videos only work with "low-information voters."

The Right has been hoping "the Jewish community" (as if there were only one) will suddenly start voting Republican, despite Jews being less than 2% of the population. It never happens. 70-80% vote Democratic no how much the GOP moans about it.

1. Billy Hicks profile image88

Romney either needs them to vote for him (unlikely), or stay home (much more likely). That's what this ad is attempting to do: keep Jews home on election day.

Romney can win Florida by attrition if turnout is as low across Obama's base as it looks like it's going to be. Not that it's going to matter much, but it will at least help the RNC stay competitive in the mid-terms.

working