jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Romney Tax Cuts for the Rich, a Hoax?

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 4 years ago

The CBO recently released a study on the trickle down economics Reagan through both Bushes espoused as the be all end all of economic growth. It seems as though the only ones that really made a dent in their bottom line were the rich. And they aren't sharing any of it.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2116

rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

With the latest claims Romney and the GOP continue to sell there is little evidence that their claims prove historically correct. But sell it they will none the less to a unaware public. Just more propoganda I guess.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Apparently you didn't get the memo, rhamson.
        The great unwashed masses of Americans (like me) do not care about taxes -- because they don't pay any!

Therefore, don't be surprised if your form thread gets little to no attention.
        Except, of course, from the very rich, who do care about such matters.
        smile

I am still wondering where all the people who do offer the notion that by giving the rich the tax breaks there will be somewhat of a trickle down bonanza for the huddled masses. The article about the study debunks the theory so well.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
            Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They are distracted today defending Romney's insults.

If this convenient distraction were not available, I'm sure they would be here refuting the study and making up numbers to rewrite history.
            SOP for today's GOP.

Perhaps you are right. I gotta think Biden gave Romney a few pointers on how to stick his foot in his mouth. LOL

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
                Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The great unwashed do care about taxes! They care that others pay them! The lower income peoples need to pay their fair share and quit trying to take MY money.

More unwarranted rhetoric. Who do you think are in control of this country and decide who get ahead? The banks and big business. They have raped the country of jobs all the while shoving the cost down everybody elses throats. And when it failed the banks were once again saved from the fire because by allowing them to fail the whole temple would have fallen down on all of us. Now that people can't get a job because of the evacuation of jobs for corporate profit the banks get to talke our homes in foreclosure because we can't make enough on the crappy jobs being created by the box store giants and their ilk. Who is looking out for the millions who have been left in the wake. The rich only get richer from this devised plan. Open your eyes.

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The CBO? If Reagan was wrong then why was there so much prosperity in the 80s and 90s? Reagan was able to bring unemployment under control in his first term why can't Obama? I mean other than the fact that he is completely incompetent.

A report based on the CBO statistics and conclusions. Reagan escallated the military incredibly and raised taxes eleven times. It was clear then as it is now that the trickle down never worked. Reagan did not have to deal with the abyss that Obama was handed and nobody can say that they could fix it in the time everybody is demanding but there is progress and there is growth. I am in no way sold on Obama but he has done enough to show he is the grown up in the room with at least an ear to the people. This character Romney who has spoken out the side of his mouth from the beginning of his public life is far from what we need. If he is elected he will fall into the Netnyahu trap being laid out to invade Iran. There you will see a marked improvement in the economy as we charge another war on the US Treasury debit card.

working