jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Todd Akins' wife speaks out with vivid accusations

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The wife of Rep. Todd Akins, embattled Missouri candidate, has made a pretty vivid accusation about how the Republican Party is treating her husband.
    For good measure, she lumps President Obama into her claims.

Will her comments help, hurt, or have no impact on her husband's campaign?
    Does her use of the "r" word offend you?

Link followed by excerpts.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/17/a … w+Story%29

“Party bosses dictating who is allowed to advance through the party and make all the decisions — it’s just like 1776 in that way,” she explained, recalling colonists who “rose up and said, ‘Not in my home, you don’t come and rape my daughters and my … wife.’ But that is where we are again. There has been a freedom of elections, not tyranny of selections since way back. Why are we going to roll over and let them steamroll us, be it Democrats or Republicans or whomever?”
    Lulli Akin added both President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney “seem to be embodying” the traits of a British monarch “with all the tactics that they’ve been revealing” towards her husband."

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To act as though their remarks actually have any intelligent point of origin is like trying to rape the intelligence of the American people.  Legitimately.  The Akins need to stop.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
        Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He's an embarrassment to Congress and the GOP (and to humankind).

1. 0

Sadly, yes, Ralph.  What's worse is that his wife seems to be in complete agreement.

I think that in their joint dismissal of Akin's stupidity, the Dems and the GOP have shown that there are true human beings in both parties.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I guess that household still hasn't taken the point that rape is a serious and sensitive topic to be treated cautiously if you want to do well in politics.

Also is it a revelation that the party is run by party officials?  That some people are supported and others are written off as liabilities?  That's kind of how politics works.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

All true.
    I was under the impression that although the GOP has dropped him, the Democrats support Akin's candidacy. All the better for Claire McCaskill.

BTW, anyone else interpret this as insulting the original patriots who won our indepdence from Britain?
    Just sayin'...

1. 0

OH!  I find the fact that he/his wife would compare him(self) in any way to the founding fathers is absolutely deplorable.  The guy's a moron.  They were brilliant.  Anyone who buys the line of bull the Akin's are handing out deserves what they get.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey M2C. Always great to discuss with you.
        I'm watching commentary on Rick Santorum's speech to conservatives about how they will never have "smart" people on their side.
        In other words, I've already been distracted from this delusional ranting by another delusional distraction!