jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

President endorses anti-Semitic column.

1. JSChams profile image59
    JSChamsposted 4 years ago

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government … owd-Column

I have been pointing out things like this from the Democratic Party for some time now. This is not surprising.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is from Politifact.com and clearly states that Obama is neither anti Israle nor anti semetic,

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … ael-issue/

Dirty smears like the one you are touting here make me sick, no matter what side of the aisle you're on. 

I have said this time and again...if you don't like someone, fine.  But STOP SPREADING LIES!!

1. Reality Bytes profile image92
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Published on Friday, March 14th, 2008"

Not exactly relevant to current events!

2. JSChams profile image59
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First off prove it's a lie.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's not really how it works.  First you make a clear claim and provide evidence.

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a new low JSC, an article that was misrepresented, was not endorsed by Obama at all and which never says anything at all about Jewish people...

From a terrible source, thinking people write off the Huffington post and Breitbart from the get go.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Oh my - more propaganda insinuation. What did she say exactly, 'cause I am not going look up this nonsense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxFl65HomYI

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I read the link and failed to find 1) what the column is exactly so I can decide if *I* think it is anti-semitic, or 2) when/how Obama endorsed any or all of it.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Again, criticizing the government of Israel is not in itself anti-semitic. Her use of the term snakes does not mean she is using anti-semitic language just because others have used it to insult Jewish people. I think it's reaching. Much like when people bend over backwards to say racist terms are not racist because they are old and not one knows what they mean any more.

And... I didn't see anything either that showed Obama was supporting what she said.

That site is not really known for their veracity smile

5. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

You got this from Breitbart? I'm outta here.

6. JSChams profile image59

For the record if the left continues to use Huffington Post and Wikipedia I will continue to use Brietbart.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

None of these are reliable sources, no matter who you are.

1. JSChams profile image59
        JSChamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So they can use their choice but I not mine. Talk about fair?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt anyone uses those as reliable sources alone. Factcheck.org is becoming very popular with anyone who wants to know the truth.

7. JSChams profile image59

Had this been posted about Romney no one here would be questioning the source.
    There would be cheers and little "He's done!" blurbs and talk about oh how evil and stupid he is.
    What's the difference?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did you read the Maureen Dowd column or simply the breitbart.com interpretation?
      For the benefit of those readers who do, as a matter of course, like to "consider the source," here is a link to the actual article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opini … .html?_r=0

Having read the source article, might I point out the following:
      1. Nowhere, not in one sentence, does Ms. Dowd reference Israelis or Jews as "snakes."
      2. The subject of the verb "slither" in her title is not Israelis or Jews. It is "neocons." Specifically, Dan Senor and his ilk, who influenced Middle East policy for the Bush/Cheney administration.

3. If we're going to focus exclusively on snake imagery, note that there is  a second reference in the article. "Paul Wolfowitz, an Iraq war architect, weighed in on Fox News, slimily asserting that President Obama should not be allowed to “slither through” without a clear position on Libya."

Is Ms. Dowd calling Mr. Wolfowitz a snake? Snakes are not slimy.
      But, clearly, Mr. Wolfowitz is comparing President Obama to a snake.
      By your logic, that comment makes HIM anti-Semitic!

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 4 years ago in reply to this

True.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But that site will never post anything negative about Romney.

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Romney is a Mormon billionaire blessed in God's riches. Obama is CIA blessed in the powers that be. What's the difference?

working