jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Romney Throwing Away The Election...

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image61
    Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago

So, apparently 47 percent of Americans don't pay taxes? Turns out they are all lazy and depend on government for everything that they have.

Hopefully the other 53 percent are enthusiastic about Mitt. Anyone still think Romney will win?

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never thought he would win. I still think he'd better for the economy, though.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image61
        Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understand that a lot of people vote based on their economic situation at the time of the election.

However, I seriously doubt he has what it takes to be a President. He doesn't seem like he could even fake being interested in the entire nation.

2. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 4 years ago

Yep, all those good for nothing people on Social Security, Disability, Food Stamps. They still pay gas taxes, sales taxes, and lots of other regressive taxes. And I do consider health care a right. Most other civilized countries do.

3. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 4 years ago

The only reason Romney's there in the first place is to make us think we have a choice.The election's already been decided.It's like fixing a horse race,you don't want the winner to win by to much or people will get suspicious...unless they're already awake.

4. quatrain profile image74
    quatrainposted 4 years ago

To cheaptrick,
    You're right. The fix is in for Obama to win. Just look at the mainstream mediabots. They don't even pretend to be evenhanded anymore.

5. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 4 years ago

you mean like Fox?

1. habee profile image90

No, like most of the others.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The media is for Wall St first and whichever political party looks likely to win an election because those at the top won't lose either way. Fox is rabidly right wing and no friend of democracy. Romney's biggest hindrance is that he is confusing arrogance with stupidity and talking out loud about it.

6. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 4 years ago

He does seem to be hurting his chances.

If he is serious about this campaign he needs to be prepared to actually say what he means the first time and get away from having to clarify or articulate his comments later.  Constantly having to address poorly chosen words doesn't reflect someone who has it all together and is ready to take the keys to the country.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image71
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He may as well start writing his concession speech for November.

1. habee profile image90

He probably has. lol

2. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But first Romney will have to find out what concession means in political terms because he only connects that word to tax avoidance.....

3. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image60
        Wizard Of Whimsyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's an amusing observation by The Onion . . .

http://www.theonion.com/articles/now-th … ne:default

2. habee profile image90

I agree.

working