Obama's Premise on the 1%

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

According to  Huffington Post Business news, there is a leaked tape in  1998 which then Senator Obama during a speech at Loyola University called for income redistribution.  Then Senator Obama stated that government should be restructured to make income redistribution possible.   In the 2008  presidential campaign,  Presidential Candidate Obama staunchly maintained that income redistribution is good for everyone.    What is your take on this?!

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In entirely depends on what "redistribution" means, I mean redistribution already happens all the time in everything from public school to medicare to food stamps. Without knowing to what extent he meant.

As for myself I am going with Thomas Paine.
      "It is a position not to be controverted that the earth, in its natural, cultivated state was, and ever would have and should have continued to be, the common property of the human race. In that state every man would have been born to property. He would have been a joint life proprietor with rest in the property of the soil, and in all its natural productions, vegetable and animal."