jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why the polls are so tight

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

AP and Gallup both have Obama up by one, Rasmussen has Romney up by two. I think I know why the polls are so tight. Romney's recent "hard line" has gained him more support in red states - but not in swing states. Obama seems to be pulling away in most of the swing states. So while Romney may be adding to his national support, he's not adding support where it matters - in the must-win swing states. See what I mean? Even if Mitt gets EVERY vote in SC, GA, AL, etc, it won't help him with the EC vote.

Romney should have run as a moderate, which I believe he is at heart. Sure, he might have lost some of the far right, but they wouldn't have voted for Obama, anyway. Many commenters on rightwing news articles are applauding Mitt's "47%" statement. I've seen many comments like, "I didn't care for Romney before, but now he has my full support!" Does the Romney campaign think padding the vote in dark red states is going to help? He should have hired me as his campaign manager. lol

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He really should have, until the 47% comment I really thought he was just a moderate in disguise to pander to the hardliners but given he said that off the record... It makes me sad really.

I was amused that Fox had Obama ahead by 5%.

But you are of course correct, people should be looking a the electoral college proportions not the overall if they want to know who is going to win.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I still believe he's a moderate conservative but is being "handled" by a far right GOP, and that includes his choice of VP. Same thing happened with McCain. McCain was certainly a moderate in many ways, which is why the hard-liners never cared for him - until he chose Palin. It saddens me that my nation has become so divided that we can't elect someone in the middle.

2. habee profile image92

I'll bet FOX choked on that one! lol

2. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I have another theory habee...

Maybe the conspiracy loons are right about this one... the president is just a figurehead controlled by the Bilderberg/Illuminati/Rothschild/Etc...

It's more like watching an over-the-top drama sometimes, than what you would expect from real life. The Powers That Be saw that Romney was gaining too quickly on Obama, so they had to make some game changes.

1. habee profile image92

That's a scary thought.