What do you USA friends say about:Who wins in U.S. vs Europe contest?

1. startupninja profile image59
    startupninjaposted 4 years ago

Who wins in U.S. vs Europe contest?

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2 … e-contest/

In these days of renewed gloom about the future of Europe, a quick test is in order. Who has the world�s biggest economy? A) The United States B) China/Asia C) Europe? Who has the most Fortune 500 companies? A) The United States B) China C) Europe. Who attracts most U.S. investment? A) Europe B) China C) Asia.

The correct answer in each case is Europe, short for the 27-member European Union (EU), a region with 500 million citizens. They produce an economy almost as large as the United States and China combined but have, so far, largely failed to make much of a dent in American perceptions that theirs is a collection of cradle-to-grave nanny states doomed to be left behind in a 21st century that will belong to China.

That China will rise to be a superpower in this century, overtaking the United States in terms of gross domestic product by 2035, is becoming conventional wisdom. But those who subscribe to that theory might do well to remember the fate of similar long-range forecasts in the past. At the turn of the 20th century, for example, eminent strategists predicted that Argentina would be a world power within 20 years. In the late 1980s, Japan was seen as the next global leader.

I'd love to hear your opinions since I'm personally sick and tired of hearing about American exceptionalism while I am fimly convinced that the US in no different tha any other developing nation of the world.... Looking forward to a fiery debate and happy to hear your opinions.

1. 0
      JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

GDP per capita:

EU - $35,116
      US - $48,441

Now what? big_smile

2. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

In all seriousness, I think there are plenty of good things and bad things with any country... the US isn't playing a very competitive game right now.