Mitt Romney puts his foot in his mouth!!! Again

1. nina64 profile image80
    nina64posted 4 years ago

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has made some controversial statements in the past; but I think his most recent comments has stepped on quite a few toes. According to Mitt, he claims that 47% of Obama backers are freeloaders and slackers. Personally, I take offense to this. Yes, I have used unemployment benefits, public assistance to help keep my family afloat: but only when I was unemployed in 2001. I guess it's easy for Mitt to make such comments given that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. What are your thoughts in this matter?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's being discussed here

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Well, now that there's a "general" Mitt puts his foot in his mouth again category, perhaps this thread could discuss some of the other topics addressed in that tape.
    Namely, Palestinian/Israeli relations, Iran, the nation being overrun with Latino voters,
    and how about the economy?

Here's what Mr. Romney said. Now, he did not say he won't do anything about the economy. He said that even without doing anything the economy will magically improve:

Meanwhile, here are some quite interesting points about what has actually been happening recently in our economy, and how much better investors actually fare under Democrat administrations than Republican.
    I had been wondering why my stock broker and my accountant are both so left-leaning (no, I did not pick them for their politics). Now I get it!