jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Romney comments

1. marwan asmar profile image67
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

Do you think the recent comments by Romney about what he saw "half of the American electorate as freeloaders and "victims" who do not believe in personal responsibility" (as reported in Mother Jones website) will affect his chances  in the presidential race or will many have forgotten  by the time of the elections.

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only problem with Romney's statement was his applying numbers to the equation. There is an element within the opposition that do exactly what the candidate claims but to paint all of Obama's supporters with the same brush was just inaccurate and easily refuted. Take into account the media twist on the whole statement and Romney really stuck his foot in his mouth. I think he gets worked up and speaks very quickly and less than complete statements come out of his mouth.

1. xstatic profile image61
        xstaticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But in watching him say these things, he seemed calm and very measured in hi speech, so it is hard to tell.

1. rhamson profile image76
          rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just as the "You didn't build that" quote rocked the GOP convention, this new offering from Romney has been distorted. But it gives a glimpse that he may look at Obama supporters in a general sense as entitlement junkies. There is always a thread of truth in any propaganda.

1. xstatic profile image61
            xstaticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In Romney's case, that would be an expensive silk thread, I guess.

1. Denise Handlon profile image88
              Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol  lol  lol

2. Billy Hicks profile image89
          Billy Hicksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's how all politicians talk behind closed doors. It's political strategy 101, and definitely not something you'd want recorded and broadcast, but it's campaign strategy and both sides do it. Remember the Presidents "God & Guns" gaffe in 2008? It's the same thing.

There's a reason Cuomo used to say: "you campaign in poetry and govern in prose".

2. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

I'm not concerned about the stupid crap Robme says. I'm not voting for him simply because I don't like the SOB.

working