Domestic enemies?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Presidential Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Oath of Office of military personnel:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

At what point does the military decide that domestic enemies have infiltrated the highest levels of the United States government for the sole purpose of destroying our Constitution?  Once these domestic enemies are identified, what actions should the U.S. military take against these threats?  When does the obligation to follow orders of the POTUS become secondary to the fulfillment of their oath?

1. kathleenkat profile image83
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At this point:
      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0OfuYBJa3Lg/TP1gRAuDy_I/AAAAAAAAGW4/15H0qhLaZtE/s1600/JFK+SHOT.jpg
      Kennedy Assassination

http://www.onthisdeity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/baker-650.jpg
      Wall Street Bombing, 1920

http://www.about-knowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/oklahoma-city-bombing.jpg
      Oklahoma City Bombing, 1995

Google "domestic terrorism" for a larger list of domestic enemies wink

I believe the action they take is trial-and-punishment.

Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama’s a domestic enemy of the U.S. Constitution

In 1884, Congress, having no set oath of office, wrote its own: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same …”
        Little did they know then that 128 years later, America would face just that: a domestic threat to the U.S. Constitution.

The increasingly desperate Mr. Obama, once a constitutional professor, knows full well he is circumventing Congress. In March 2011 he told a group of young Hispanics: “America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the president, am obligated to enforce the law. I don’t have a choice about that. That’s part of my job.

“Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws,” he said. “There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.”

The Founders were determined to make sure no American leader ever had the power King George III enjoyed. Which is why they also wrote this in the Constitution: “The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 … /?page=all

There is absolutely no U.S. law giving the president the authority to order the death of any human being without Due Process, there are laws however that make murder illegal.  The President's authority is to uphold the law, not to circumvent them at a whim.  The president of the United States should at the very least be held responsible for the blatant disregard for the laws of the United States!    There is enough reasonable suspicion to bring him to trial for multiple counts of First degree premeditated MURDER!

btw:  Murder should be considered a high crime!

1. kathleenkat profile image83
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify... Who did Obama murder?

2. taburkett profile image58
          taburkettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

under the Military Commissions Act of 2006 - HR6166 -
          the US military in combat situations may determine through intelligence gathering, the status of enemy combatants.  those combatants may then be charged through the military courts as provided by the war act.
          the President, as Commander in Chief may take the appropriate action to protect the USA.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/ … 6-Bill.pdf

under the Protect America Law, an American can be labeled an enemy combatant based on surveilance obtained under the law.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-110pu … publ55.htm

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

the part in the Constitution about domestic enemies clearly refers to a man's spouse.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I really do not want to be in a nation prone to military coup.  The people are meant to demand regime change.  The army is not the people.

If the military receives orders to violently deal with the American people, should they follow orders without question?  Does the United States military hold allegiance to an individual/s or to the people?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I coup is a change in government.  They shouldn't do that.

An order to shoot up the people would be an illegal order; they shouldn't do that either.

There are reasons for the strict limits place on what the army can do.

Anwar al-Awlaki’s family speaks out against his son’s death in airstrike

“To kill a teenager is just unbelievable, really, and they claim that he is an al-Qaeda militant. It’s nonsense,” said Nasser al-Awlaki, a former Yemeni agriculture minister who was Anwar al-Awlaki’s father and the boy’s grandfather, speaking in a phone interview from Sanaa on Monday. “They want to justify his killing, that’s all.”

The teenager, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen who was born in Denver in 1995, and his 17-year-old Yemeni cousin were killed in a U.S. military strike that left nine people dead in southeastern Yemen.

A senior congressional official who is familiar with U.S. operations in Yemen and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive policy issues said, “If they knew a 16-year-old was there, I think that would be cause for them to say: ‘Gee, we ought not to hit this guy. That would be considered collateral damage.’ ”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat … story.html

The order given to murder a 17 year old American citizen was an illegal order, yet it was carried out with no questions!  There are no claims implicating Abdulrahman al-Awlaki in any wrongdoing.  He was murdered and the family is refused any form of Justice!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

use compassion

Appeals court judges seem skeptical of CIA secrecy on drone program

In that declaration, Bennett said that in light of speeches made by senior U.S. officials on the subject of killing al-Qaida leaders, the CIA conducted a search for records responsive to the ACLU’s request in the New York case.

“Based on that search, it has determined that it can now publicly acknowledge that it possesses records responsive to the ACLU’s FOIA request,” he said. But he said the spy agency can’t provide the number, nature or categorization of those records without disclosing information protected under FOIA exemptions.

Delery said that the question of whether the CIA has documents on drones is “not where we’re drawing the line.”

ACLU lawyer Jameel Jaffer said in a telephone interview that the government has “repackaged” the same argument.

“They continue to take the position that they haven’t acknowledged the CIA uses drones to carry out targeted killings,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ … story.html

How much compassion is used when dropping bombs from unmanned aircraft on civilian populations?

Oh yeah, NATO drops peaceful and compassionate bombs!  lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62

allegiance to the people

I hope and pray that you are correct!  smile

It is stuff such as this that causes me to pause and rethink our predicament:

Will U.S. Troops Fire On American Citizens

The United Nations Rapid Deployment Police and Security Force Act of 2001(House Resolution 938) Status of H.R. 938 CosponsorsThe United Nations Rapid Deployment Police and Security Force (H.R. 938) was introduced on March 8, 2001 by Representatives James McGovern (D-MA) and Amo Houghton (R-NY) in the House of Representatives.

The legislation calls upon the President to use the United States’ “voice, vote, and influence” to urge the UN:

to establish a United Nations Rapid Deployment Police and Security Force (Police and Security Force) that can be quickly dispatched under the authority of the UN Security Council;

to recruit volunteer personnel for the force;

and to provide equitable and reliable funding for the Police and Security Force.

Additionally, the legislation calls upon the President to:

urge UN member nations to enter into regional partnerships for the purpose of forming Rapid Deployment Brigades, made up of on-call units of national forces, capable of deploying within 30 days of a Security Council resolution; 

and direct the Secretary of Defense to undertake a study to determine the availability of and feasibility of using U.S. forces as part of the rapid deployment brigades.

What would the Police and Security Force do?

It would: be able to deploy within 15 days of a Security Council resolution to establish international peace operations, with a limited deployment of no more than six months for any given mission;

only be deployed when the Security Council determines that violations of human rights and/or breaches of the peace require a rapid response to ensure adherence to negotiated agreements to prevent or end hostilities; 

consist of at least 6,000 volunteers employed directly by the UN, who train together and are appropriately equipped expressly for international peace operations, including civilian policing;

and  be given the authority to protect itself, execute negotiated peace accords, disarm combatants, protect civilians, detain war criminals, restore the rule of law, and to carry out other purposes as detailed in Security Council resolutions.

The fact that the United Nations is the unelected yet-to-be Global Government should be warning enough that the United States of America is in great peril. The only intelligent thing to do is… PREPARE.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/04/01/will- … -citizens/

What constitutes a "breach of the peace"?  Protests?

3. taburkett profile image58

ask the folks from Kent State that question.

4. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Normally, under U.S. law, the people would have the ability to have their grievances redressed through the Justice system.  Now, all that the government needs is to shout "State Secrets" and the case is dismissed.  Through these actions the people have no recourse to have their grievances redressed!

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So, has anyone actually got up of the sofa and done this?

The State Secrets Privilege: Selected Case Files

"Use of the state secrets privilege in courts has grown significantly over the last twenty-five years. In the twenty-three years between the decision in Reynolds [1953] and the election of Jimmy Carter, in 1976, there were four reported cases in which the government invoked the privilege. Between 1977 and 2001, there were a total of fifty-one reported cases in which courts ruled on invocation of the privilege. Because reported cases only represent a fraction of the total cases in which the privilege is invoked or implicated, it is unclear precisely how dramatically the use of the privilege has grown. But the increase in reported cases is indicative of greater willingness to assert the privilege than in the past."

"Other than the scarce exception, the privilege is invariably fatal to efforts to gain access to covered documents. It is hardly surprising that such an effective tool would tempt presidents to use it with increasing frequency and in a variety of circumstances."

--William G. Weaver and Robert M. Pallitto

http://www.fas.org/sgp/jud/statesec/index.html

It has been attempted a few times.   smile

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
          Petra Vlahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The "Patriotic Act" gives the green light for all kinds of abuse and "justify" them under the "law"
          It is precisely this "patriotic Act" that convinces me there is NO difference between political regimes that call themselves with different names, but do the exact same thing to their people (see my profile for clarifications).

2. taburkett profile image58

the problem is not Congress making a law - but the courts refusal to seek the proper people to evaluate the states claim.
      if handled properly by a judge, the judge could choose an independent assessment and even have an independent reviewer black out what would be considered state secret to the extent that the lawyers coud then battle over the speculation of what was blacked out.
      this was accomplished 20 to 30 times following WWII and a few times following Korea and Vietnam.
      the courts are the problem just as in all cases where the government is involved.

5. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 11 years ago

Did Obama directly order the killing of a 16 year old US citizen or was this a death ordered by someone lower down the chain of command?
    And what happened about the four Americans killed at Kent State University?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They were attacked for being unAmerican and people said they deserved it... Even the girl who witnessed it was called names and attacked verbally. Those were the days weren't they?

2. Reality Bytes profile image75

An intelligent leader would maintain the status of "plausible deniability", a wannabe dictator with an arrogant narcissistic attitude however boasts of his actions!

Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will

“How old are these people?” he asked, according to two officials present. “If they are starting to use children,” he said of Al Qaeda, “we are moving into a whole different phase.”

It was not a theoretical question: Mr. Obama has placed himself at the helm of a top secret “nominations” process to designate terrorists for kill or capture, of which the capture part has become largely theoretical. He had vowed to align the fight against Al Qaeda with American values; the chart, introducing people whose deaths he might soon be asked to order, underscored just what a moral and legal conundrum this could be.

Mr. Obama is the liberal law professor who campaigned against the Iraq war and torture, and then insisted on approving every new name on an expanding “kill list,” poring over terrorist suspects’ biographies on what one official calls the macabre “baseball cards” of an unconventional war. When a rare opportunity for a drone strike at a top terrorist arises — but his family is with him — it is the president who has reserved to himself the final moral calculation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/world … emityn.www

There is absolutely no law, neither domestic or international, that gives the President of the United States the authority to order the death of any human being outside of a war zone without Due Process!  Members of Congress have demanded under what authority the President feels the right to perform these actions.  Like so much of his Presidency, Obama has remained silent, refusing to acknowledge Congressional requests.  He is operating outside the law, he is conducting himself in a criminal capacity.  Shame on the people for not holding him accountable for his actions.

May the world forgive the heinous actions of the United States, these actions do not represent the will of the people.  It is the corporate fascists that have infiltrated the United States government that is the problem!  Living in a state of denial is not beneficial to the well being of the United States or the peaceful existence of humanity over the globe.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)