jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Did Romney Take Part in the Tax Amnesty Program in 2009?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago

There was a tax amnesty available in 2009 for cheaters who held money illegally overseas. The amnesty allowed for a small fire that cleared everything up. Then in 2010, you simply declared where those funds were, like in the Cayman Island, etc, and paid regular taxes.

I really don't care much about the answer to this because Romney will never tell and it will take someone squealing on him to get the facts. It would explain, however, why Romney is not giving out more information. But I put it up here now because crazed birthers keep this arse-a-nine idea going around that Obama is from Keyan. I know some one who grew up in Obama's neighborhood with him. If these idiots were really concerned they'd interveiw his neighbors.

1. HowardBThiname profile image91
      HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This "Birthers II" : The Tax Sequel, is nearly as entertaining as Birthers I.

Maybe he took the amnesty - maybe he didn't.

Does anyone know or care that Obama's secretary, who makes substantially less than Obama, pays a higher tax rate? That must mean that Obama is cheating?

All these tax questions are so exciting.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
        Dr Billy Kiddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know, the whole thing just keeps recycling and recycling.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

OMG. The whole Romney taxes thing is so 3 hours ago!
    Move along, move along.
    Nothing to see here, folks.

Fingers x'd we can all make it through the weekend without any more carnage.

Although I must say, if Romney were my daughter and she was cutting herself like this, I'd get her into rehab, but quick.